DiecastXchange Forum banner

Drivinghermad collection updated 21st December. The Mach One Models (Ian Jones) 1/18, 1983 Thrust 2. A One of 1 made.

1M views 4K replies 161 participants last post by  will1066 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
will be re doing the photos,look further down,thanks,Darren.
Come back at any time for reference of these models if you want to see more detail than is available on other sites,hope the photos help make up your mind.

#67 ·
Thanks there is plenty more and when you see them you will love them too.I still have a problem with my computer -it's running slow-will have to wait till friday evening to get it sorted,if i can put more models on in the meantime i will,thanks again,Darren

#74 · (Edited by Moderator)
These are the best--THE 1/12 CORR-VETTE TRIO.The Danbury mint 1/12 1956 corvette in blue,The Danbury mint 1/12 1957 corvette in black and the Revell 1/12 1958 corvette in red.If anyone from Danbury mint is reading this -THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT MODELS YOU HAVE MADE.

The Revell red corvette that is here has added pipework detail by me to stop it looking out of place with the other two.Just look at the windscreen wiper on the DM models they have a tiny spring under it to keep it to the windscreen.Brilliant stuff !!I forgot to say that Danbury mint 1/12 models have working lights, turn signals, brake lights and high beam, courtesy lights ,dashboard lights up.Darren.

#76 ·
Hi,yes the revell is a nice car and i think well worth the money -at the moment.There is a big difference in terms of quality and the finish of the models,but at this scale if that's the only one of that type that's available it has to be that.Everything goes then comes round again and when diecast becomes all the rage again the prices will go up and up !Keep a look out still some impressive ones to come.Darren.

#78 ·
Fantastic collection so far, very sultry backdrops too....Groovy Baby!

#79 ·
Awesome Darren .... Simply awesome.. So many models that most of us would kill for......

#81 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here we have GMP's 1/12 gt40 street car and racing cars.The copper coloured gt40 is a pre production model and has no serial number i think they made around six of these to give to the dealers to see what they thought of them before going into production.When this went into production the total production run for the copper one was 252 and the other gt40 was i think 100 or 150 of them.

#86 · (Edited by Moderator)
Now we have the AUTOART 1/12 ford gt and the GMP 1/12 gt40 street car
There's no denying these are glorious models DHM - but are they REALLY the same scale/ scale accurate??

I had no idea there was SUCH a discrepancy in size....

#83 · (Edited by Moderator)
This to me is a special one .The 100 year luxury gap,the 1/12 FM 1907 Rolls Royce,forward 100 years and the 1/12 PARAGON Bentley continental gt. Again these are stunning models-enjoy.
When i bought the rolls I was fortunate enough to have a photocopy of the tax disc for the Roll Royce.The gentleman who i bought it off was given the tax disc as a gift when he went to see the real car as a boy!The Bentley is non opening but is very detailed.

#84 ·
I am practically speechless Darren... The pick of this latest bunch would be that Roller... That is some stunning detail my friend....

#94 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would but it would have to be a big cabinet
they are all ending up in the spare room for now.
.I think someone should open a big secure hall and let all of us show them off in that place,preferably near where i live. :giggle:The other half says my daughter wants her room back for her birthday on the 22nd cos they are all over the place what i havn't photographed yet.Looks like i shall have some juggling to do.

#97 ·
Very nice Darren... Cant wait to see more.... Then roll on the 250 odd 1/18s....