DiecastXchange Forum banner
221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
Automotive Engineer
187 Posts
LCD will do it right...........I will be first in line for this one. Hope they release some attractive colors for this model.

·
Registered
594 Posts
How awesome! This looks super promising. With how reliable LCD is, it seems that we're going to get this Zonda before the Almost Real ones! Sure it isn't a Tricolore or F, but its still super cool

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I love me a convertible Zonda, but for some reason the Barchetta just doesn't float my boat. I wonder if it is just the rear wheel covers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love the barchetta. For me, the rear wheel covers add character and elegance to the car.. i almost bought the bbr sealed resin. Definitley will buy this! Cant wait.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
For me it's always: street car > track car.

So even if this model eventually has a bit less details than the AUTOart Zonda R, I would go for the street car.
Also the AUTOart Zonda R is >400 euro nowadays and this LCD is likely 200-250 euro.

So it's a no brainer for me.

BTW, is that blue/white seat cloth inspired by the SLR 722 and one of the CLK GTR street versions (the Maisto one has similar seat cloth)?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
BTW, is that blue/white seat cloth inspired by the SLR 722 and one of the CLK GTR street versions (the Maisto one has similar seat cloth)?
The chequered cloth is an allusion to the trim in the Mille Miglia winning SLR no 722 driven by Moss/'Jenks' (as it the SLR 722 model itself)

I'm not a fan of these 'barchetta'/'spyder' things generally so wouldn't ever consider buying a diecast of one, but if those are photos of a painted LCD model, it looks excellent!

M

·
Administrator
33,543 Posts
As this is a car that you either lover or hate, I still haven't warmed to it. I hated the look of the Lamborghini Veneno when it came out, but I quite like it now and have a couple of models of it. I just can't warm to this car, so I doubt I will ever buy a model of it.

·
Super Moderator
12,631 Posts
Hey Craig, It grew on me...I really hated teh standard model when it came out, but after buying so many detailed 1/64ths, I had just started to wonder what would all of those details look like scaled up? Especially after getting LCD's 600LT & Pagani. Looking forward to this one and fingers crossed for a 720S or 765LT as well!

221 - 240 of 246 Posts