DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the Authentics come in the closed box, with styrofoam clam shell. This 'Cuda is one of the "better" Elites, since there are some pretty crappy models that are also called Elite.

G

·
Mine came in a Gray box with silver trimming and had a the Authentics label in chrome on it and it had a window.

I have seen the Elite version that comes in the black box with gold trimming. However, I am not sure if they are the same.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said, there are good and there are bad Elites. This 'Cuda is one of the good ones (I really like it, but it's not as good as an Authentics). Al(?) said that these Elites are basically the same cars that Ertl released some time ago and gave them a little extra detail.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing the box. I'm not doubting anyone either way, I'm just curious what the box looks like as I've never seen this car in any other than the black one.

:cheers
Sean

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I'm not concerned with what Kevin's site has listed - wrong resource to quote to me.

My Monte Carlo SS is an Authentics and it didn't come in a styrofoam box - it came in the same box as the Cuda - I purchased them both at the same time for that matter.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Is there a version of the Monte Carlo that comes in a styrofoam box? I bought a silver ERTL Monte Carlo (which is marked "Authentics" on it's base) in Exoticar in NYC last week and I wondered if it was a proper Authentic as it has dog leg hinges on the doors and the hood? :feedback

G

·
I am not familiar with the styrofoam box :confused

Just did a quick search on eBay and see that the Authentics Monte Carlo SS' comes in various packaing, one of which is the Elite packaging.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I thought so too. With Ertl not really having a standard on what each series is, it's hit or miss.

Sean

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That 'Cuda does not have the same craftsmanship as other Authentics. If this is an Authentics model, then the story we have been saying that you can buy any Authentics with your eyes closed is not the case.

This is not a bad model, far from that, but so far all Authentics I have seen are better then this.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
That is interesting! My one unfortunately has old fashioned dog leg hood hinges on it! So it must be a "de-contented" version of the same mould. Also I don't think the roof panels are removable on mine and there aren't any neat bags to put them in!

It does however have "Authentics" stamped on the bottom of the chassis. Also, it cost me $60 in Exoticar, so it was hardly being sold at a knock down price!

Hmmm, a bit annoying all round! It looks good the one I bought but it annoys me that it is not quite the real thing when it comes to an Authentics model (which are usually some of my favourite models!) :cheers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.