DiecastXchange Forum banner

Eric B's collection - 18

11K views 114 replies 17 participants last post by  MRM 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I will show my 1/18th scale models here

"3 greens"

Models are
  • Jaguar type D - Le Mans 1954 (Exoto) - Tony Rolt/Duncan Hamilton team that ended the race in second position behind Maurice Trintignant/Jose Froilan Gonzalez' Ferrari 375 Plus
  • Cooper Climax T51 (Schuco) - Jack Brabham 1959 F1 world champion
  • Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato (CMC) .

Eric B.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello,

These are my :

"Red Ferraris at Le Mans"

• Ferrari 375 Plus - nr4 - Maurice Trintignant/Jose Froilan Gonzalez - Winner Le Mans 1954 - BBR - 4061 km
  • Ferrari 312P - nr18 - Pedro Rodriguez/David Piper - DNF Oil leakage/16th hour - Le Mans 1969 - CMC - 4258 km
  • Ferrari 330P4 - nr21 - Ludovico Scarfiotti/Mike Parkes - 2nd place Le Mans 1967 - GMP - 5180 km

Eric B.

#7 · (Edited)
Ferrari 512 TDF - BBR

"Gialli Francorchamps"

Not really in the core of my collection but just a very good opportunity to get one at a bargain price.

I see it is described as a Giallo Modena Ferrari 512tdf but as several versions seem to be called the same way based on body colour, I prefer calling it a Francorchamps 512tdf as it reminds me livery of the late 50s/early 60S ferraris of Belgian Team Francorchamps

Eric B.

#8 · (Edited)
"Bullit"

Ford Mustang 390 GT - Auto Art (Bullit)

This one is not really in the heart or spirit of my 1/18th collection either (High end, special cars...).
I originally bought just as an opportunity and just because I liked the movie. We had a talk with friends and it came to Ford Mustangs, Steve Mc Queen, Bullit, etc...
I ultimately bought it, quite liked it but I later felt disappointed when I really got into learning about that car finding how AutoArt failed to pick details of the movie car. I was just about to sell it when I decided to try and update it.

Below is a link to customizing details here on a dedicated Diecastxchange post.

Eric B.

#16 · (Edited)
"Alfa Romeo storia"

This is my Alfa set

All together

Then a double twin set :
Alfa Romeo 33TT12 1975 Sports car World Champion (by auto art Signature) and the 1951 Alfetta 159M as raced by JM Fangio (by Exoto)

... and the Alfa Romeo 8C - 2900B that almost won the 24 hour Le Mans 24 race in 1938 and the Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 GS which won the 1930 Mille Miglia with Tazio Nuvolari at the steering wheel. They are CMC models...

All four are a testimony the the glorious racing past of the name.

Eric B.

#19 ·
"Alpine"

When I was a child, the Alpine A110 was the first my dreamcar...I was small, low, and swift. The Kyosho Alpines may be a little less High End models than the rest of my collection but these Kyoshos may be the best Alpine A110s in scale and I had to have one (uhhh two), in my collection. They are very different one from the other.

The 1971 rally car was still very close aesthetically to the road car. The 1973 rally car was much improved. It was to become the first world rally car championship winner.

Alpine A110 - Monte Carlo rally 1971 winner (Ove Andersson - David Stone) - Kyosho

Alpine A110 Tour de Corse 1973 winner (Jean-Pierre Nicolas - Michel Vial) - Kyosho

Eric B.

#23 ·
Hi Hulpex

I read a faboulous story about both the green car and it's driver...

Strangely car is actually french (see registration number structured as a 4 digit number + letter(s) + digit exactly as the blue car plus national "F" on rear body) but it was painted green in honour of it's driver William Grover-Williams and nationality.

William Grover-Williams was born to a British father and french mother in the suburbs of Paris. He went on to become a second world war British Special Operations hero who sadly was executed late in the war.

But also I call it my British Bugatti 35.

Cheers

Eric B.