DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Thank you BK1

That is another model that was released in different subversions.
One had LOTUS replacing the official CAMEL sponsors, the other was blank in this area were the Cigarette sponsor sticker was applied. I think that doubled with or without driver versions (and then as Ayrton Senna or stablemate - Satoru Nakajima - versions). Quite a lot of possibilities for the same model.

If I remember correctly the car did race with LOTUS on some countries but as model was sold as the Japanese Grand Prix car where it was labelled with CAMEL stickers and as aerodynamic configuration might well differ in other countries I chose the blank version after I was able to find quality decals to complete livery.

As said, I still have to upgrade model with tissue belts.

EB

Discussion starter · #54 ·
"Type E's"

2021 marked the 60th anniversary of the Jaguar Type E. I was lucky enough to attend a celebration event close to my hometown, with 74 of them or different versions being gathered.

This urged to get myself two beautiful (in fact 3) AutoArt models. I thik they are sharp models, maybe not as high end as most of my models but still very good bar the well know issue with the tyre size. I am trying and hope I will find a solution ti fix the point one day...

Until then..

Both together

and the third one, lightweight version, just because I got caught in the Type E 60th year thing and could not resist... This one might be modified as a Cunningham race version.

Best...

Eric B.

"Type E's"

2021 marked the 60th anniversary of the Jaguar Type E. I was lucky enough to attend a celebration event close to my hometown, with 74 of them or different versions being gathered.

This urged to get myself two beautiful (in fact 3) AutoArt models. I thik they are sharp models, maybe not as high end as most of my models but still very good bar the well know issue with the tyre size. I am trying and hope I will find a solution ti fix the point one day...

Until then..

Both together

and the third one, lightweight version, just because I got caught in the Type E 60th year thing and could not resist... This one might be modified as a Cunningham race version.

Best...

Eric B.
They are awesome models! Congrats! And three of them: wow! I'm also searching this period for the E-type and the Xj13 but as i can see, prices are way too high...

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Hi,

2021, I had to add an E-Type on my shelves. Road version coupe or spyder, I just could not make and mind and chose both.
Decision was such a tie I even decided same colour.

Lightweigh is just an after thought, like a bonus. Still wondering how I'll convert her.

Discussion starter · #58 · (Edited)
"Cobra 289"

This one is important because it is my first 1/18th scale model.
Until then I was a 100% 1/43rd scale guy. Just saw this model at my retailer's. I did not know about Exoto or CMC at the time but I really was amazed by the weath of details, all opening features, materials... and price.
In the end I just could not resist, although being almost ashamed by the amount of money I had spent on it.
When I arrived home I just sat in front of it, gazing and probably did so the next few days. I also promised to myself it would remain a one off.

Never swear !!! In the end it was not to remain alone as around 80 followed but it really set the path - High end only!

Eric B.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts