DiecastXchange Forum banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts
Some of the best of the best right there Eric. I really should have got one of the BBR Ferrari 375MM Le Mans winners, I instead got the Carerra livery. Will also need to add the CMC Jaguar C-Type too. Keep up the great photogrpahy, I am keen so see what the next installments are

Discussion starter · #83 ·
Hi Simon (I guess);)

Thank you dearly for your kind words.
I actually like the Carrera livery very much but made my choice based on my interest in the history of the 24h Le Mans race.

Best...

Eric B.

Discussion starter · #89 · (Edited)
"Ferrari 512S" - ACME

I originally was not sure. ACME/GMP falls a bit behind some manufacturers in terms of sharpness and quality of building.
Still they have some Ferrari Le Mans prototypes, they are diecast and they are all opening models, which put them in the scope of my 1/18th scale collection.
I already had the 330P4 and 312P from their stable that I quite liked afterall.

The 512S was advertized as the "Steve Mc Queen Le Mans movie" Ferrari. I did not plan to add this model to my collection until I saw one from close at a model exhibition and at a very fair price (probably a clean off price at the end of the show).
I soon discoved that #8 actually raced in a very close configuration at the 1970 Le Mans race, crewed by Arturo Merzario/Clay Regazzoni (both Formula 1 drivers). Car actually was a DNF

Checking photographs I noticed a few stickers were missing from the ACME model (and from movie car) compared with the race car.
I was able to find a decal sheet and complete car livery.
Rearview mirror should be chrome silver during race (but may have been red during tests) - Maybe I will correct this later.
Anyway, this is now my 1970 Le Mans Ferrari 512S and I like it too.

Which brings me back to the GMP 330P4 #21 that finished 2nd at Le Mans 1967

Eric B.

Discussion starter · #96 ·
"Early Mercedes"

Both are CMCs. I originally had the SSKL in Mille Miglia version complete with fenders and headlights but replaced it with this uncluttered version.

This might well be first CMC in my collection. Model was later enhanced by CMC, making model more accurate to real car... but contrary to the SSKL I kept the "old car"

Eric B.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts