DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Been in a Shelby buying mood lately.
When I started collection a lot of 1:18 I wanted to build a large Shelby collection.
I guess I am on my way :giggle

This is a pretty nice car in sime respects and rather disappointing in others.
The paint is very nice as is most of the fit and finish but the thing that hurts this model the most is the rediculous front stance. It looks like it is about to pull a wheelie!

But, this is how Ertl does it and they are the only game in town.

Its a good thing that these are cheap :lol

Attachments

G

·
Hey Jeff,

Is this the older version?

Looks wuite different from some of the newer ones I am seeing. I'm still trying to decide which color I want one in. Stuck between the red w/white or the black w/white :tempted

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think it is a bit older.
If I had my choice, I would go for the Black one but this one came up cheap and it is sooo late 60's/early 70's looking :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
This mold is not a year old yet!, and we are already calling it old! :giggle The first two releases came with the right wheel, but the centers are wrongly painted black. The following 3-4 releases have the centers painted right, but the new wheel is all wrong.
The latest release (red/white) finally has the correct wheels.

One thing that puzzles me if that all of the fastbacks so far have had had white interiors. I am ready for a black interior. The other things is, all have been 500's, how about some 350's for a change?
I bought the red/white yesterday. I'll post pics later.

G

·
they must have retooled the model then. Because on Jeffs version, the hood doesn't have slot openings as the one I have.

Ertl must be gearing up with this mold to produce a million of them :lol

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The hood on mine is exactly the same as the hood on my 69 with 5 NACA ducts (3 in front, 2 in rear)
Must be the crappy picture :giggle

I didn't know these were that new, I just bought a bunch of Ertls from a guy and thought they were all older :giggle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts