DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this one a couple of days ago.

I have been wanting to find the AUTOart Bond car but finally gave up because of the very high prices.
The second biggest diecast mistake I ever made was selling the one I had many years ago where they were not quite so valuable.

So, I went with the recently released Ertl.
This is a new mould and I am sort of surprised that they didn't make it without dog leg hinges :confused
The casting is pretty good with a few problem areas.
To my eye, the windshield is too low and the grille is too high and the hood appears to be too flat.
Nothing magor but if you know what this car is supposed to look like, it can be something that sticks out.

The panel fit is pretty decent considering this is a $25 car, paint is very well done but some of the chrome trim really should have been trimmed a little better, I need to use some sandpaper to smooth out numerous rough spots.

Lots of gimmicks from the movie, removable roof panel and ejector seat, flipping number plate, ramming bumper gaurds, machine gun turn indicators, and more.

As a cheap stand in for the AUTOart it does its job well but you can't hiude the fact that it is on the "B" squad.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Jeff - lots of bang for the buck on that one!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Ertl did a nice job for the money! Congrats on adding it.

O/T "Klaatu barada nikto!" :giggle Where did you get Gort? :feedback Is it 1/18?

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Al,
Gort looks very close to 1:18 and the last time I looked, he was all over ebay for around $18 -$20 but that was a couple of months ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.