DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased this model. I bought it because I liked the look of it in the shop. However, the panel fit (especially the doors) is awful.
Likewise the interior is also sub-standard. A sticker is used to simulate the climate control and radio/satnav buttons, which in this day and age is totally unacceptable.

I've got another 5 1:18s to post in this forum later in the week.

Here are the pics (between 60-80 KB)

Front
Rear
Interior

I will thumbnail the pics of the other models, I just need a bit of practice first.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice addition. Got this one to and just what you mentioned it's very low quality. But it lookes nice from a couple of feet. :eek:k

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not Such a bad looking model Jimmy, had hoped to get it since Ertl is the only Maker who doe's it

Nice pictures there mate, on one of those rare day's where Brum has some sunshine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one Jim . :eek:k
This is on my wanted list along with the V6 Freelander and the MM Discovery (yeh yeh I know its crap).
I love these 4x4`s and I particulary like the styling on the new Disco.

:coolpics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim,

Nice LR3! :wink :giggle
:coolpics by the way. Looks like a nice sunny day. :tongue

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Everyone.

It isn't that bad, i'm still glad I bought it. However, as Ricardo said, it looks a whole load better when viewed from a distance.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Nice truck Jim :nicejob

I just saw my first 1:1 on the road this weekend and it looked very nice.
I think Ertl captured the shape very well :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U can easily be fooled by the angle of the shots. I really thought I'm looking @ the real thing 1:1. Tfs Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Good observation. els.
Some of the collectors pics on DX are of the best I've ever seen. If you did not scrutinise the pic with a magnifier, you'd be fooled.
Mind you, that does of course also indicate the detailing that goes into these models today. But, all is not always perfect as the owner of the Tata....oh drat, sorry , the Land Rover has indicated. Those doors just don't fit right. :giggle
:zoom

PS What the heck was an "Unregistered" poster ??? Were the forums open back then too ? :confused

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Some members have left due to differences and asked for their membership to be "cancelled". They have the wrong assumption that they would take their "post" with them. Same with the "banned" folks. Their post remain unless a mod removes it.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
We had 8 inches of snow here over the last two days, so I thought I'd take my 1/18 Land Rover LR3 HSE out for a spin in the white stuff:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.