DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I collect them because:
I enjoy them because they take be away from the everyday BS.
I love collecting them because I can see how some cars where kind of made.
I can share them with other collectors who I know will enjoy them for some of the same reasons as I do.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I collect them because:
-I'm a car addict since I was 3 years old.
-I love to see all my dream car reunite under my roof.
-I love to buy a new "little piece of miniature art" and see all the details.
-I love to share my passion with other collector as I work in a diecast store and here on DX.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.

It's call Electromike and my good friend Simon (QUEBECDIECAST), who is a member here, is the owner. It's an electronic/computer/communication/car accessoiries/1:18 diecast store.....all under one roof. We have the biggest selection of 1:18 diecast of the entire Province of Quebec.

In the last 3 months, we've double the store surface and we are now tripling the space for the diecast section. We carry around 1300 different 1:18 models in stock...plus all the extras we have around 2000 models. I'm trying to finish up before Sunday........but it's a lot of work! Next Friday, a TV car show will come to shoot our diecast section and interview us on the diecast world.

We are also working full time on the website that we hope will be on duty before Christmas. http://electromike.com/index_en.html Every model we have, will be on the website with 6 different pictures of each car.

As soon as we are done with the diecast section (hopefully Sunday), I'll take some pictures and show them here on DX.

G

·
I collect them because:

Go get on my sister-in-law's nerves.

Haha, but seriously - To get on my sister-in-law's nerves.

G

·
I collect them because:
- I'm a collector-holic;
- Generally speaking, I like everything that's miniaturized: planes, cars, ships,... you name it;
- I love cars since I was a kid;
- My parents never could afford buying me diecasts, and all my "rich" mates had tons of them (Dinkies, Corgies, Matchboxes, do you remember them?);
- I love car racing and racing cars;
Quoting Cuda Jeff:
- I love to see all my dream car reunite under my roof;
- I love to buy a new "little piece of miniature art" and see all the details.
And finally I can collect them because:
- I made a deal with my wife: she doesn't complain about my diecasts, and I don't complain about her dolls and teddy bears. :hot

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I collect diecasts because:

-I have been in love with cars since I can remember
-It's a chance for me to have a car in miniature that I will never have in real life
-I love working on them and improving them

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I would say that all of the above apply to me. :giggle Plus they are cheaper than drugs, alcohol and chassing women!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
G

·
I started collecting because when I decided to go back to school I sold my car (3rd gen RX-7) and was having major auto withdrawls... so I started collecting diecast RX-7's. Once I got hooked on the detail of 1:18 scale I opened it up to all kinds of sportscars. I continue to collect because I love automotive design and they inspire me to be a better designer.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I collect diecasts because

I drive a 1:1 of the same brand and I love the car...
When I get home from work, all overstressed, they calm me down...
I found a great site with lots of nice guys/girls who have the same hobby and love to share it...
It is always great to see the history/evolution of a (one) brand and have it all in one room....
I still feel like a kid with those cars in my hands.....
:cheers

1 - 20 of 41 Posts