DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Thanks for sharing Mark. Brings back some lovely memories of my week in Seattle last year. We spent a week at my mates place in Redmond but unfortunately couldn't make it to a 'cars and coffee' meet.

Some real exotica there. That yellow Vector M12 is a real rarity. I had a chance to inspect it up close at the Concours Italiano and it is a real oddball. What are your thoughts on the new McLaren? Did it look good in person, as photos so far leave me a little undecided.

Furthermore what is the story with the XC Ford Falcon Cobra Coupe - that is a real rarity in Australia, let alone US. Couldn't be many over there at all.

G

·
Is the 599 the superamerica 45 one-off?
It is a "regular" 599 SA Aperta. Just from the picture you can tell that it has different grille, hood, fenders, wheels, roof, interior and color.

That Vector looks mint and is pretty rare, but its design did not age very gracefully.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing Mark. Brings back some lovely memories of my week in Seattle last year. We spent a week at my mates place in Redmond but unfortunately couldn't make it to a 'cars and coffee' meet.

Some real exotica there. That yellow Vector M12 is a real rarity. I had a chance to inspect it up close at the Concours Italiano and it is a real oddball. What are your thoughts on the new McLaren? Did it look good in person, as photos so far leave me a little undecided.

Furthermore what is the story with the XC Ford Falcon Cobra Coupe - that is a real rarity in Australia, let alone US. Couldn't be many over there at all.
You know - the vector kind of looked like a kit car to me. Didn't look very refined. I was surprised and happy to see that car here. The McLaren? Doesn't seem to differentiate itself from other cars in theat class very much. Beautiful looking car, just not overly exciting to me. I think I've seen that Falcon at local shows before - may even have been at one of the weekly meets. That's the only one of those I've ever seen.

Mark

G

·

You know - the vector kind of looked like a kit car to me. Didn't look very refined. I was surprised and happy to see that car here. The McLaren? Doesn't seem to differentiate itself from other cars in theat class very much. Beautiful looking car, just not overly exciting to me. I think I've seen that Falcon at local shows before - may even have been at one of the weekly meets. That's the only one of those I've ever seen.

Mark
[/quote]

Thanks again Mark.
I hear you what you are saying about the Vector. It pretty much IS a kit car and this is why it looks like one. Even if I have a kadzillion buck I would never own one. The Countach is the biggest disappointment I ever experienced in a car. It is such a bad car in real life. But if I could afford it, I would definitely have one. It just defines a generation in a way. The Vector on the other hand was just some sort of homemade wannabe.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
The Vector M12 actually has a Lamborghini Diablo sourced engine. This M12 is probably one of the most sorted of the entire production run and had received a recent mechanical and cosmetic overhaul. I remember it being one of the standout lots at a Mecum Auction receiving top billing alongside an even fiercer Mosler. It you were to dip you toe into Vector M12 ownership, this yellow beastie on paper at least, is the one to get.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I was there today too. We did an M6 group drive over there this morning. To be honest, nothing too exciting over there. Last year was my first year and it was exciting seeing new things, but this time it was more of the same save the Vector and McLaren. I feel the same way about the McLaren as you do, Mark, it's nice looking but kind of boring compared to let's say the 458.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was there today too. We did an M6 group drive over there this morning. To be honest, nothing too exciting over there. Last year was my first year and it was exciting seeing new things, but this time it was more of the same save the Vector and McLaren. I feel the same way about the McLaren as you do, Mark, it's nice looking but kind of boring compared to let's say the 458.
"nothing too exciting.." WHA? I know, I know....after you go to these meets a few times you see the same Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches,....but you're right - usually only a couple of standouts each time. However, we should be *happy* we get to see a meet like this so often! I don't care if I have to see sir mix-a-lot again.

Mark

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.