DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No surprise really but the latest newsletter from Exoto has announced that the '66 LM winner and 2nd place will be released with driver figure and rolling chassis. After previously only being available in the 1-2-3 pack I am glad the winner is available individually but would rather not have the rolling chassis. Anyway, it's good for me because I am collecting LM winners and din't want the 2nd and 3rd placed cars.

What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I looked at the three car box once, had a quick heart attack when I saw the price, and then realised the only way I'd actually get it is if it was mis-listed on ebay as a 'lovely bunch of roses' and no one else bid.

Having said that, I do like the idea of the driver figure being included. The rolling chassis, while cool, kind of puts them out of the range of collectors like me. That's why I never went for the Sauber C9 Le Mans Winner. I couldn't justify the extra cost for the rolling chassis. I guess it'll be the same for this one. I just hope that the '68 winner is released as a single car.

Thanks for the heads up though Richard. A rolling chassis of a GT40 would be interesting to see, just too much for the bank to bear.

:cheers

Mark

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am only getting this car (or any Exoto's) because I can get them at a good price. No way I could pay full retail in US$'sI don't mind the figure as the Exoto figurines do look very good. I really wish they didn't bother with the rolling chassis though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If you're thinking about it, and in my opinion it's not an unreasonable pre-order price assuming Exoto can deliver within 9 months (only God and Tony know, and perhaps Tony believes theyare the same). You might want to consider watching ebay for GMP's 1/12 model of the #2 winning GT 40. I found one used and slighly damaged for less than $200 and it often goes for under $350 MIB on ebay. in my opinion . it is well worth the price difference.

Good hunting! :cheers

G

·
As I posted in another thread, though I'm not looking for the '66 winner anymore, I think that this RC and figurine solution is better than the 1-2-3 set, even if I believe that few of us are willing to collect rolling chassis or figurines. So in an ideal world they would sell the model alone, with the RC or figurine or whatever as extra options.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I think the RC is "less worse" then the 1-2-3 deal. It still smells as a scam to me, and the price because of the RC makes it impossible for me.

G

·
I don't know whether to thank you or :whyclick :giggle
i just know i'm going to have to get a rolling chassis GT40 :help
RCP ....you have also added your name to my wife's 'hit list' :giggle

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries Stevie, glad I could be of assistance. :happy :tongue :wink :yahoo :pullhair

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I actually was very happy to get the 1 2 3 set.

I would have bought all 3 of them anyway and the price worked out very nicely.
I was able to buy the set for $349 from Exoto which broke down to something like $118 per car which is a fantastic price!

Even though it was expensive, I would rather have the 3 than the stupid Rolling Chassis.

Now, if I only wanted the winner..... :giggle

G

·
I recieved the same e-mail, cool set and the price is not too bad..if you do the pre order.

Lets just say I might order it as a pre-pre-Christmas gift for myself :giggle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.