DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this happened to anyone. I bring it up a couple of months after it happened. A while back, during one of their other sales, I piled a couple of models into my shopping basket at Exoto. I never did purchase the cars, left the website, etc, etc. Within a couple of days, I received a phone call from Exoto, saying they saw that I had placed a few items in my shopping basket and wondered if I would like to continue with the purchase, that they would honor the sale price, even though the sale had ended.

That's the first time with any of my online shopping, that I've received a call from a vendor about unpurchased items. I thought it was weird.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is wierd. I've done this on loads of websites and not once have I recieved a follow up call. I guess they must be desperate :giggle

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received a call from Exoto once. They called because they shipped my order to the wrong address. :-( Thankfully the order was returned to them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it was weird, so now it's confirmed! When I saw the phone number come up on caller id, I didn't recognize it so I let it go to voicemail...then I listened to it and couldn't believe they were calling me!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Wow, that really is weird--- especially from Exoto! Either they were really desperate to close out those sale items or they have turned a new leaf in customer service!
:confused
Nah, they were just desperate that day! :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Was it Tony K. on the line? :giggle Maybe he a little short comming up with the payment for the Ferrari! :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is akward :confused

How did he know your telephone number? Did you input it somewhere on the website?

They must have been really desperate to take off some of that stock :giggle

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It's nice of them to honer the expired sales price, but at the same time, I would not feel comfortable if a sales person calls me. I've had that done several times when I go to 1:1 dealerships, I don't give away my phone numbers anymore. It is too invasive, if you ask me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With their prices they must have had a sales manager making the websales site people make follow up calls. Their prices are getting to be like real 1:1 prices soon :giggle When I was in the car business my managers were always on me to follow up.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Believe it or not, Tony and Jack have called me at home in the past.
This was back in a time where they did care about their customers a bit :giggle

Tony's was the real surprise because he actually cut me a deal on some cars and followed up and did exactly what he said he would :cheers

It was a very long time ago though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts