DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big surprise awaited me at the door today. Exoto's new 1958 Ferrari 246 F1 #4, driven by American Phil Hill. The 246 is the last front engined car to win a grand prix.

I knew better than pre-ordering from Exoto direct so when I saw these start popping up on ebay from a UAE dealer that coincidentally happened to be named Keusseyan (no relation to Tony K. I'm sure
)
I decided it'd be safer to deal with them through ebay. I was right, I made an offer, they accepted and in 2 business days from UAE it was here in Chicago! I couldn't believe it.

So the car, it's unbelievable. I just don't know how someone that shows so much passion can be the best and worst the hobby has to offer. I am not a reviewer nor a photographer so I'll let the pictures do the talking. I will mention that their packaging for this is genius. It's really a special experience to unpack. Their Alfa was great, this is even better. It has special arms that swing open and close and hold everything in place. When someone says museum piece, this is what they mean.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
WOW, this piece definetely worths everything for a Ferrari fan
Congs. for the add. Mike Hawthorn version is on my list also.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Phenomenal detail on this model Tony.....until I saw your photos I had no idea there was this much detail, like there was so much going on in the cockpit .....

.....trouble is ...I want one now!!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phenomenal detail on this model Tony.....until I saw your photos I had no idea there was this much detail, like there was so much going on in the cockpit .....

I think Mair might be wondering where Eddy has gone off yet again, because it will take hours to discover all of the detail. Like the damn bolt heads in the leaf springs for instance. I am still playing with this thing finding so many small details. It's insane! This is literally heirloom quality.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
magnificent, just please, more shots of it fully assembled, bliss

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts

I think Mair might be wondering where Eddy has gone off yet again, because it will take hours to discover all of the detail. Like the damn bolt heads in the leaf springs for instance. I am still playing with this thing finding so many small details. It's insane! This is literally heirloom quality.
[/quote]

No chance Tony, if I had one I would insist it was buried with me!!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be careful Eddy, I might have to pay you a visit and add another one to the stable! LOL

·
Premium Member
13,307 Posts
That is nothing short of spectacular. Congrats

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Incredible Tony. I assume it is the latest in Exoto's XS line? I honestly thought that this Ferrari was another 2 years from production and that the Jaguar D-Type would be released first. Must look great alongside the Ferrari 156 and Alfa 158. Can you please post photos of the presentation box art.

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
Outstanding, so much detail! Great turn around time form the seller too!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Simon! It only took an Exoto XS to get you back, lol.

The box art is frameable art as on the Alfa. I am really tempted to frame it but I don't think I have the nerve. Plus it has the Exoto logo and a small tear in it.

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

With some of its other Exoto stablemates.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Many thanks Tony - loving the box art! Whilst Exoto may offer terrible customer service and take forever to release finished products, when they do they are hard to beat. The excitment of opening an Exoto XS can be be likened to undressing an attractive women - euphoric!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I missed the last picture set I even requested myself
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
, but it looks stunning. A replica rather than a model. Brilliant.

Many thanks Tony - loving the box art! Whilst Exoto may offer terrible customer service and take forever to release finished products, when they do they are hard to beat. The excitment of opening an Exoto XS can be be likened to undressing an attractive women - euphoric!
Your analogies are very fetching

1 - 20 of 22 Posts