DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I haven't kept up with the latest news in the diecast scene for the past couple of months. Maybe someone can enlighten me. I collect a few F1 models, but not just any model. Anyway, was wondering when Minichamps are coming out with their McLaren MP4/21 Kimi Raikkonen model. I've seen the Hot Wheels one in person today and decided to wait for the Minichamps.

Also, about the Ferrari 248. I saw one today too. Does anyone know if Hot Wheels plans on coming out with a special version of it? (like the 2003 USGP Pit w/ rain tyres, or the 2004 Champion edition and so on).

Oh yea, is Minichamps coming out with a BMW Sauber of Jacques Villeneuve? Would very much like one of those too. :happy

Thanks for any answer.

On a side note, I missed out on the $45cad deal on Renault R25 "100th GP Win" Alonso from this canadian place, shoulda gotten it when I still could.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I know Minichamps are always behind Hot Wheels with the releases, but I don't know how much it will be by.

I assume that as part of their 2006 F1 set Minichamps will be releasing the Villeneuve BMW, but as there was a driver change mid-season I don't know how they normally deal with that. Perhaps they will only make Villeneuve's car, maybe only Kubica's. Perhaps they will simply change the name on the model and release both drivers.

As for the Ferrari, it would be unlike Hot Wheels not to milk a mold with a few special editions :giggle

I just realised that I actually didn't answer any of those questions for certain! :eek:ops :booboo

·
Registered
902 Posts
id never buy another Hot Wheels f1 even if it was $15, ive read they are crap again this year. id wait for minichamps. i just got the 2 mclaren test 1:18s pedro's & gary's. i used to have a few shuey Hot Wheels 1:18 but got rid of them long ago. i converted one once to marlboro to. i let my little nephew have it to play with, it crashed & burned

G

·
Okay so your questions. I assume you collect 1/18's not 1/43's like me!

The Mclarens should be released anytime soon really here anyway. Models in chrome so far are:

530 061803 McLaren Mercedes MP4/21. Kimi Raikkonen

530 061804 McLaren Mercedes MP4/21. Juan Pablo Montoya

I assume that Minichamps will also be making the Pedro De la Rosa 1st podium in 1/18 scale but this has been confirmed for 1/43.

In BMW spec so far confirmed for 1/18 release are:
BMW Sauber F1. Nick Heidfeld

BMW Sauber F1. Nick Heidfeld 1st Podium for BMW Sauber. Hungarian GP Ltd. Edition

BMW Sauber F1. Jacques Villeneuve.

BMW Sauber F1. Robert Kubica.

in 1/43 they are also releasing a Sebastian Vettel edition and a jacques Villeneuve "Just Married" edition.

The standard Villeneuve and Heidfeld will be out at the same time as the McLarens but the toehr vary many wil not be out until 2007.

As for Ferrari i cant say, only the two normal cars of MS and Massa have so far been confirmed.

The only 1/18's that arent cnfirmed for release are the Super Aguri's and the Midland F1 Cars have been cancelled because of lack of interest.

i hope that this helps! :cheers

·
Registered
475 Posts
HotWheels are making a special edition Sdchumacher car from the San Marino GP - his 66th Pole and 66th Ferrari win came on that race meeting.

Also, the De La Rosa 1st podium has been confirmed in 1/18 scale.

Minichamps are still way ahead of HotWheels - despite what some retailers would have you believe. For any car where there's a choice, you'd be well advised to wait that much longer for the Minichamps car!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I really love the Hot Wheels Ferraris. I saw that 66th Pole Schumacher special, Toronto Motorsports have on pre-order for $90cad, I'll wait till it comes in stock, I'll probably buy that one (or if Schumacher actually wins the championship, I'll wait for that).

Minichamps are making too many good models. I'd like the Heidfeld 1st podium as well as the Villeneuve, but my budget can't accomodate that many models :dizzy . I'll have to stick to just getting the Villeneuve I think, and the Kimi Raikkonen 1/18 model.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Personally, I'll be getting Jenson' Button's first win model from Minichamps - it'll come with a standing driver figure and I understand they want it to be holding the winners trophy!

G

·
How come is it that everytime Michael Schumacher farts HotWheels goes and makes a "special edition" model.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How come is it that everytime Michael Schumacher farts HotWheels goes and makes a "special edition" model.
That's not very nice of you to say. For your information, they're making a special model since he surpassed Senna's 65 pole number and it was at Imola too I believe. Previous special editions have been 2004 world champion edition, 2004 world champion chrome, 2003 usgp w/ rain tyres pit scene, 2003 barichello team constructors at Suzuka. If you keep up with F1, you'd know that all of these models are from races that were special. In 2005 they didn't make any "special edition" since Schumacher didn't do anything. In 2006 he has done many things and I can see even a Interlagos model of Schumacher "last F1 race". These models/moments are special to people like myself so it's a good things Hot Wheels makes nice F1 models of these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.