Eddie Stobbart - Haulage
1950's - Eddie Stobart established an agricultural contracting business in the Cumberland fellside village of Hesket Newmarket.
1970's - The business was incorporated as Eddie Stobart Ltd to develop the transport and distribution side of the business.
1980 - Eddie Stobart Ltd re-located to a new depot in Carlisle. The fleet of 8 vehicles largely consisted of tippers, but soon evolved into more versatile articulated vehicles with both flat bed and curtainside trailers.
1988 - Eddie Stobart Ltd opened its second depot in Burton on Trent. With 50 vehicles and 450,000 feet squared of warehousing space.
1992 - Eddie Stobart Ltd was voted " Haulier of the Year" by the Motor Transport Industry.
1993 - Eddie Stobart Ltd had a fleet of 275 vehicles; turnover of £35 million, 1,300 staff and 1 million square feet of warehousing space.
1995 - Eddie Stobart had a fleet of 500 vehicles; turnover of £52 million and 1,600 staff.
1998 - Eddie Stobart's International business was established in Belgium. Fleet of 750 vehicles, nearly 3 million square feet of warehousing with annual turnover of £98 million.
2001 - Eddie Stobart had a fleet of 900 vehicles operating from 27 depots; turnover of £130 million, 2,000 staff and warehousing space of in excess of 3 million square feet.
2004 - The acquisition of Eddie Stobart Ltd by WA Developments International in February , saw William Stobart take up the role of MD and Andrew Tinkler, the role of Chairman. A major re-brand took place involving changes to the distinctive truck livery, new uniforms and upgraded premises.
2005 - Eddie Stobart Ltd won its first Tesco Distribution Centre contract.
2006 - Eddie Stobart Ltd has a fleet of 800 vehicles; turnover of £140 million, around 1,900 employees and 3.5 million square feet of warehousing space.