DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't we all have one or two of those models that always look good on camera? And there's always some that look terrible in photos.

I love taking out my 1:12 PMA Mac, which is why it's always in my sig. Also, my AUTOart Callaway C12 in yellow and my 1:18 Zonda haven't been in a bad shot. Any high detail model like AAs always appear great in shots. Proportion, high off the ground and great attention to detail always make models look like the real deal. :nicejob

On the other hand, I have a tough time taking good photos of some of my HWs and Bburagos. They look good to the eye but the camera just exposes faults. :confused

What are yours?

:cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
For me it's the W125. It always comes out good. I think it's because of the tone of the silver paint and the setup I use to shoot the pics.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Favourite Colour to Photograph: yellow

Hated Colours to Photograph: red, blue, silver, white, black

Fav Car...1/43 Minichamps McLaren F1 GTR (2002 JGTC). It almost always shows up well.
View attachment 21858

G

·
These are awesome cars and they retain their awesomeness :giggle in photos:

UT McLaren F1 LM roadcar
UT McLaren FINA cars (#38 and #39)
UT Ferrari F355 Berlinetta (red-on-beige)
AUTOart Porsche 911 GT2 (Metallic black)
AUTOart Nissan Skyline R34 Gran Turismo Edition

LHD:

The Recaro and Yokohama GT3-RS models are amazing!

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
F50-GT said:
These are awesome cars and they retain their awesomeness :giggle in photos:

UT McLaren F1 LM roadcar
(jealousy sets in) :giggle

G

·
I've always enjoy photographing red cars, but blue OTOH, is my kryptonite. For the life of me, I couldn't photograph anything blue to save my own neck! :nutkick <-- Or nuts.

*56K warning*

This blue on this Porsche miraculously came out decent... Lucky shot. :happy

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I have a few including the AUTOart Nissan 350Z, the AUTOart BMW Z8, and the BSG Ford GT Concept.

But the most photogenic car in my collection has to be the Lamborghini Murcielago, and not because I have 4 of them either :giggle It just looks great from any angle!

G

·
I think the UT Porsche 993s look great under the light, especially the GT2.

However my favorite would be the Kyosho Mazda RX7...Cant get enough of those beautiful curves! :cool

G

·
For me anything with an over-abundance of chrome provides difficulty...

As for my decent shots, I will never be as good at photography as many of you, but I like the pictures of the sleek and colorful racers by most brands. I am especially fond of the classic racers....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.