DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally, finally, FINALLY got myself the best liveried GTO. I don't know how long I have wanted this model but it has been too long. I won an auction and attained the GTO for a damn good price. I couldn't be happier.

As for the model, it is very well made.

• Paint and decals
  • Wheels are amazing
  • Working suspension-

• Gaps for doors/hood/trunk
  • Chunky chrome details
  • Engine has nice details but still not what I expected. Some parts are better than HWE, and other are not.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Very nice indeed mate, must get a Kyosho 250 GTO at some point as my Bburago isn't going to cut the mustard with the rest of my collection any more. First time I've seen this livery, what's the history if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
12,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1964 event was won by Lucien Bianchi and Georges Berger in a Ferrari GTO (the car here), entered by Ecurie Nationale Belge. The event started at Lille, visiting Reims, Rouen, Le Mans, Clermont-Ferrand, Monza and Pau.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Super model Jon - congratulations!
It really is an interesting and striking livery for the GTO with that wide cross body stripe that really changes the visual effect IMO

I agree with your comment on the engine though, it's nice, but it's not on a par with CMC...

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Congratzzz Preiss nice presentation

here one of my older photo's

·
Registered
503 Posts
Great addition
I was lucky enough to see the real deal a couple of years ago along with other Belgian racing legends

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Congrats on the snap-up, looks really great with that yellow line as well (better that recent 599 GTO retro version). I have the #19 with French flag, really amazing, and faaaaar cheaper than BBR's recent resin effort

·
Premium Member
12,966 Posts
Congrats on the snap-up, looks really great with that yellow line as well (better that recent 599 GTO retro version). I have the #19 with French flag, really amazing, and faaaaar cheaper than BBR's recent resin effort
Thanks. I really like the modern verion of the livery. Enough to buy a MR, but this is how it showed up. I guess I will have a HWE painted up to look like this one.

I also added the stripes to my black GTO for fun. I liked it a bit, but not enough to keep the stripes. I removed them after a few months.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
THAT's how it showed up....how the heck did that happen, was it posted by an elephant (who took a rest on it)?

·
Premium Member
12,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THAT's how it showed up....how the heck did that happen, was it posted by an elephant (who took a rest on it)?
That is exactly how it showed up. Came from Italy. The seller would not give me a refund. And have been waiting for months for ebay to do the right thing. I even had to pay $60 just to ship it back to the ass. I really hope I get something back.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Congrats on finding this one at a good price! I have the Burrago 250 GTO but would like to add the Kyosho version one day. Love your photos! Seeing them just makes me want to get it sooner!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice! I have this one too. Its the crown jewel in my 1:18 Ferrari collection for sure along with my Hamann and Novitec cars.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Great addition, Jon. I have red #19 & black street cars & love 'em. 2 of my favorite models & they completely blow away any other diecast 250GT0 available.

·
Premium Member
12,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on finding this one at a good price! I have the Burrago 250 GTO but would like to add the Kyosho version one day. Love your photos! Seeing them just makes me want to get it sooner!
I have the Bburago and I think it is time to retire it.

Thanks for the comments, glad you liked the model and photos.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts