DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would get my favorite model out for a photo shoot. This car looks good under so many angles! This is an absolute gem of a model. The only fault I can find is the rivets in the tail lights. Proportions and stance seem accurate to me. I really liked the blue the best, but I can't complain... I got one.
Like the real one, it is not just a car, but un objet d'art.

Ferrari 250 SWB California by RareClassicAutomobiles, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Agree. Wish I’d bought one when they were announced as I’m sure I’d still be enjoying it (or paying it off :)) today. Great pics and good to see you still enjoying it, too :)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
What a gorgeous piece and your beautiful photography really brings it up. I remember reading long ago about someone bought black and silver models so they can swap the detachable roof to match the colour. These are proper expensive nowadays. I guess anyone who is looking for a proper Ferrari 250 California without trading in a kidney might have to look towards KK-Scale. Their recent 250 SWB looks really nice and at a glace almost like the CMC 250 SWB minus the opening bit.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks for sharing this amazing piece, a huge fan of the covered headlights. This is my money-no-object model car, particular in this colour. Whilst I can still afford the occasional CMC models at current retail prices, the 250 California on the secondary market is beyond my budget. I agree with Jazzy426 that KK-Scale is the way to go these days.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Well if you have a model as desirable and as stunning as this, it's just as well that you take such gorgeous pictures to show and share this most beautiful of Ferarri to the 1/18 scale "Tifosi". I absolutely love this model, more than I will ever admit to anyone outside the hobby. I have the Hotwheels Elite Ferrari 250 California in the same colour; but it's like a tribute act to the real thing compared to your CMC.

https://flic.kr/p/RJXsct
https://flic.kr/p/SMAAuK
https://flic.kr/p/RJXvUD

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I actually thought the HWE rendition of the 250 Cali is wonderfully executed. Especially comparing it to the HW foundation or worse, Polistil 1/16 scale version. However I am quite surprised that there are huge differences between HWE and CMC. It is almost like they modelled after different cars. I remember doing a quick comparison between them a long while back..

I would like to think that both models are deadset accurate based on the car it modelled after but i couldn't find much info on the real cars to be honest though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts