DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because Mattel's Lucybelle II was so poor in details, yet faithful in shape, scale and decoration, I decided to let it have a go on my workbench...

Almost all interior body panels were painted in black - this also helped to disguise the awful dog-leg hinges. While at it, I added the rear view mirror:
->

Two extra headlights were placed inside the nose intake:
->

The engine was fully revised: added distributors, battery, cables, brake lines and some more thingies:
->

And finally, a last touch - the race number illuminators and a gun-metal paint stroke over the exhausts:
->

The final result:

The real car, driven by U.S. pilots Ed Hugus and Ray Erickson, finished 7th overall 27 laps behind the winner, the #14 works Ferrari 250 TR of Olivier Gendebien and Phil Hill.

A full review of this model can be seen on my site.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice job, Joao!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Flat black on the inside surface of body panels really add dimension to scale modelss. I used the trick on my Porsche 550 as well. Some times, it's not authentic, but it gives scale models much needed depth. Great way to hide the hinges too, as you mentioned!

The engine bay looks great with new details, but a bit too clean compared to the rest of the car!

:giggle

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Great work, João Campos :cheers :cheers

It is fantastic to see how small detailing gives a new life to the model.
:coolpics :happy :happy

·
Registered
919 Posts
Excellent work. Adds so much more dimension to the model!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great work! You really brought this car to a whole new level!!!!

:cheers
Sean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.