DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this one for quite a while but still didnt shoot it, never the less here it is the Ferrari 308 GTB Quattrovalvole

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
simply beautiful. The 308 has aged SO well, IMO...they still look great 30+ years later.

This is the Kyosho, right? I missed out on those, so I was thrilled when Hot Wheels released the Elite GTS.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Great memories ... Magnum PI all over again ... agreed he drove a GTS version, but the styling is the same, and as a Lamborghini guy it hurts to admit this one outshines the Urraco on all levels
... such a nice car from Ferrari, right up there with the Dino in my eyes ... and as usual the pictures make it look even better, stunning angles once again !

I remember seeing Magnum driving a 308 GTS in the series, seconds later it was a 328GTS ... only to switch back to a 308 later on ... gotta love those film makers ... same trick they've pulled in one of the Beverly Hills Cop movies, switching from 308 to 328 from scene to scene ... do these guys think we don't see the difference ?

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Sublime, simply sublime. The prettiest modern day Ferrari IMHO. A car worthy of the "Zuugnaap" treatment. Nicely shot Tjeu.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I just realized there are more differences between your Kyosho and the Elite. The non-half opening side windows is a huge give-away .The Elite doesn't have the Ferrari logo on the side mirrors, and the black strakes on the engine bonnet is completely different. Just google up for some images of the "Elite 308GTB". The Elite 308GTB also says "Quattrovalvole" on the back - so I'm confused why the engine bonnets are different.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
and the black strakes on the engine bonnet is completely different. Just google up for some images of the "Elite 308GTB". The Elite 308GTB also says "Quattrovalvole" on the back - so I'm confused why the engine bonnets are different.
I'm fairly certain that's the difference btwn Euro (left & right grills) vs US (U-shaped grills) for the Quattrovalvole.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
and the black strakes on the engine bonnet is completely different. Just google up for some images of the "Elite 308GTB". The Elite 308GTB also says "Quattrovalvole" on the back - so I'm confused why the engine bonnets are different.
I'm fairly certain that's the difference btwn Euro (left & right grills) vs US (U-shaped grills) for the Quattrovalvole.
[/quote]

I'm not sure that it is, Gavin. I think the QV introduced the larger U-shaped grills on the engine cover. I will check with my dad. He used to work for Ferrari :) The 308 was my favourite Ferrari to travel in. The Daytonas and 512BBs were (IMHO) terrifyingly exciting; the 308 was exciting, but less scary!

Zuugnap - your pics are lovely, and really highlight the styling of a design that Car magazine once described as 'the doyen of all supercar shapes'.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Lovely pics of one of my favourite models......

Only one gripe..... I've always thought it's just a shame that the rear side vents are not open and just painted......

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
[/quote]

Ahh....I totally forgot about factoring in the EU vs. US spec of the 308GTB. Now that you mention that, the side lights are also different - the Kyosho has the circular side lights (EU version) and the Elite has the larger (uglier) rectangular side lights (US version). But let's see what member "Scuddy" has to say on the engine bonnet. Previously, I thought the only difference between the US and EU spec were the side lights. When I noticed the bonnet was different, I thought perhaps the engine bonnet was actually for the GTS version and that Mattel just put on the wrong engine bonnet? When I look at the bottom of my Elite 308GTB, the base is actually stamped "308GTS"....lol.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I like the Kyosho version of the 308, but they've become so rare and expensive. The HWE version isn't bad at all.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks you all guys for the great lines!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts