DiecastXchange Forum banner

Ferrari 355 Challenge custom build

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ROBSMC 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, there was a model that HotWheels elite just didnt make. The 355 Challenge. I like to have all the model variations in my Ferrari collection so i took it upon myself to make my own 355 challenge using a Elite Berlinetta as a base. Again, i sourced parts from Legende-Miniatures, the wheels and tyres, the tow hooks and rear wing, 2 racing bucket seats and harness belt kit and custom made the roll cage from plastic tube. This was really all i needed to convert it to the Challenge and was pretty easy. Wheel swap was easy and adding the other parts. Trickiest part was the rollcage, so I made templates in thin card and fixed them in position and kept trimming them after inserting the interior tub into the diecast body. Once the card templates cleared everything, i bent the plastic rod to shape, glued it together and painted it. Project turned out great!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.