DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Havent modded anything for quite some time now... just havent had the time and heart to do one.. but i finally picked myself back up again and did this today.

I first got this model thinking that there might be a chance for its value to go up.. but as time goes on, i figured that I want to keep it. But I hate the idea that its a Raced Version, pretty much destroy the whole car... so I came up with the idea of repainting it this morning, and now its all done! Heres what it looks like before...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And this is quite a cool pic... some look at it and might think that theres not enough paint on the bumper causing the color difference... but its not.... its actually caused by the reflection of the ground and because of the metallic paint..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very cool. Its not a usual color to see on this car and I think thats why I like it so much. Personally I would have gone with a more "Ferrari" color.I guess something brighter but still a very good job none the less.Love the background too with the Ferrari parts.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I like the color choice - very classy. Nice job, ApeGen!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do like the idea of a Race wearthered model, but, as everything die-cast, Mattel just don't do a goon job, Exoto's are really nice.

That Custom really is a nice looker, sort of thing you could find on Need 4 Speed Underground 2, if it had Ferraris in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought extras of some of the raced Hot Wheels models for just exactly this reason! I've only gotten around to the 360 (although, since I liked the silver color, I just used NPR to remove the "dirt" and livery).

I believe Ferrari's chairman at one time had a 355 Spyder in a dark metallic blue. Sweet color! :nicejob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.