DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I find myself acquiring another non-race winner. :giggle In fact, this 2002 Le Mans hopeful did not even finish the race. But since I have precious few race-liveried Ferraris, this 360 Modena was a must-have for me.

(click for 800x530 image)

A little about the 1:1 car...
Race: 2002 Le Mans (GT Class)
Team: JMB Racing
Drivers: Cort Wagner (USA)/Sam Hancock (GB)/Martin Short (GB)
Result: Did Not Finish (Accident) - 16 laps

A little about the model...
This little gem is simply incredible. Sadly, these photos don't do it justice. (I just haven't been able to find time while there is sunlight out. And with winter almost here, the hours of daylight is quite short) Anyway, the paint on the car is a sight to behold. The green is incredibly well done as very fine metal flecks give it the fine metallic look. The details are remarkable. One look into the engine compartment and you know what I mean. Considering it's a 1:43, you get an immediate sense of fine workmanship and time spent in getting those details into the model. The wheels and brake disks are top-notch for the scale. The disks are finished so they have a cross-drilled. I believe dots are painted on to achieve that. The car even has brake calipers marked with "Brembo", quite an astounding detail! The wheels are moulded very well as the lip is very even, unlike on some of the Minichamps 1:43 I have.

Perhaps the one detail that I found quite striking are the front fog lights. They are actual yellow coloured inserts into the front bodywork of the car. This detail is in stark contrast to the amateurish decals used by Autoart on their 1:18 2003 Le Mans Porsche 911 GT3RS #84 driven by Ickx/Bourdais/Bervillé. Note the side grilles on the front are made of actual mesh also.

Check out the fine detail of the window slot.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That's beautiful, Felix!

G

·
That is an absolute Gem Felix :yahoo
what a gorgeous little car..........yet again you're putting :tempted
in my way with another 1/43 :pullhair

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Pavel. :cheers I hate to admit it but this set of photos do not show the model the way it should. It looks MUCH better when you see it in person. I'll have to try hard to find some sunlight one day when I'm not so busy!! Red Line models have really helped fill the big Ferrari gap in my collection. As much as I'd love to see those 360, 550, 575s as 1:18 diecasts, it just doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. Plus, having a custom-made 1:18 of any of those cars in race livery is too expensive for me.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know Stevie, as much as I'd like to stick with he 1:18 scale for my collection, there are really too much to just pass up on in 1:43. There are quite a lot of cool race cars that competed in Europe like in the FIA GT, Le Mans Endurance Series, and Le Mans that just won't be made en masse in 1:18. I suspect the market size has a lot to account for that. So companies like Red Line, and its sister company Spark Model, fills the void at a 'reasonably' good price.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No doubt, the 360 Modena gets to show off its engine a lot better than say the 550 or 575s. Lucky duck! :giggle I'm impressed by how well Red Line have been able to miniaturize so many details with the quality they do it at.

G

·
Very nice Felix! Its sheer beauty makes you forget whether it was a winner or not. I'm getting a RL 550 as soon as I find one. :hot

:cheers

G

·
:coolpics

Beautiful! I love these racing 360's with the italian flag colors in the livery.

I've been :tempted for a while and will break down eventually and get one.

G

·
héhé
you finally caved in on this one Felix :giggle :happy

BTW
if somebody finally makes one of these in 1/18
you can already know for certain that there won't be as many livery's available and it would be hard to beat the details of this one

PS
what do you think of this pic :giggle :tongue
:tempted

Attachments

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I've been wanting this for a while now. It was just a matter of finding it for the right price. By the way, I just picked up my F575 #11 car from the 24Hr. Spa race. :win It looks fabulous!! This will be my last model for the year.

Nice photo of the two JMB cars :wink

G

·
yep, that one is great isn't it
i got it as soon as it came out :happy

and felix??
are you serious??
you still have over a month to go before the end of the year, so still plenty of time to get some more car(s) :lol :tempted :tongue
i know that i'll be getting some more before the end of the year :wink

PS , i got all 4 JMB cars :tease

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I am serious this time. I have to change all the windows in my house in January. We've already left a 10% deposit with the contractor. Let's just say I could buy a decent used car for the money I need to spend on those windows! :shipwrecked :shipwrecked So, my 2005 year ends on a high-note with this F575! :yahoo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts