DiecastXchange Forum banner

Ferrari 500 Superfast by BBR

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  simondc07 
#1 ·
The Ferrari Americas are maybe a bit obscured due to their low production totals, and coming out of Maranello at around the same time as the 250s, Daytona, etc. But I think they are some of the most classically beautiful cars ever designed. I added the BBR 1967 365 California a few months ago and am still in love with it, and now I also got a good deal on its predecessor, the 1964 500 Superfast.

BBR made this after chassis 5951 SF, which is painted in this unbelievably gorgeous shade of blue. It was the very first 500 Superfast that made its world debut in Geneva in 1964, and has appeared at shows in Europe ever since, BBR calls this the "2013 Villa d'Este" version. Calling it a beautiful model wouldn't be enough, this is an easy 10/10, this and the 365 California just steal the show. If they had opening parts and detailed engines, they would be the best models in my collection. Either way, 2 absolute gems, that I honestly feel truly fortunate to have. Enjoy the photos 😄

See less See more
#3 ·
Love the 500. I just added a BBR 500 recently, in Pino Verde. It might be my favorite classic Ferrari they have made. Yours is a great color combo, the light blue with tan interior is a very classy look. Love the trio you put together.

Reactions: Mike K
#8 ·
It's an extraordinary BBR the 500 Superfast, and like you Mike I picked up the same special edition. Whilst the 250 series of classic Ferraris get most of the pundits, I love the superfast / superamerica series as they were the ultimate GTs of the time and built in tiny numbers - each being different to the next. Ferrari were very discerning at the time, as to who could order one with mainly Royals, celebrities and captains of industry being selected owners of such exclusive vehicles.

Whilst I have no tattoos, if I was ever tempted to mark my skin I would elect the Pinnifarina / Ferrari flags as displayed on the boot lid - such an awesome detail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.