DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the Boxer Ferrari's. Chrono did a good job on this one. Old model but nice. The scale and stance is nice. The interior is very good. Could use some better wheels/tires.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Considering when this model was released it is a major achievement for Chrono.
Agreed! Very nice. I can compare it to a Kyosho 512, which is much more detail and less flimsy, but having 2 512BB and a 365BB, it is hard to tell which was made by Chrono and which are the Kyoshos, from my display cabinets.

G

·
I have a whole shelf of black Ferraris too. My favorites are the black 599 GTO and the 308 GTS from Mattel elite. They really give a run for their money to any brand out there, including the exotic resin models.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Nice pictures. I've been considering the chronos Ferrari BB512 to join the two Kyosho Boxers in my collection below.

http://www.flickr.co...26841/lightbox/
If you have the Kyo 512BB already I would not be inclined to add the Chrono as it will not add anythng other than the green windows and the fire extinguisher..

However might i suggest looking for the Kyo 365/BB to illustrate the variety (6 tail lights. 6 exhausts different interior etc) and 'complete your set'??

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pictures. I've been considering the chronos Ferrari BB512 to join the two Kyosho Boxers in my collection below.

If you have the Kyo 512BB already I would not be inclined to add the Chrono as it will not add anythng other than the green windows and the fire extinguisher..

However might i suggest looking for the Kyo 365/BB to illustrate the variety (6 tail lights. 6 exhausts different interior etc) and 'complete your set'??

[/quote]

Yeah, but it is a really nice fire extinguisher.

Reactions: kitefighter

·
Registered
980 Posts

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions. In fact, the two Ferrari Boxers in my collection are the 365/BB and the BB512i, as you can see here:
https://flic.kr/p/6105594009
So the BB512 is the missing link. The green tinted windows of the Chrono version is appealing and the affordability of the model means it's not going to break the bank to get one. Your pictures clearly illustrate the proportions of the model are correct and the detailing quite respectable.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Black on red. Somehow I am not surprised.
Haha, it is a nice look. But, that is how it came. I did have a red 512, but that has a new home

G

·
Haha, it is a nice look. But, that is how it came. I did have a red 512, but that has a new home
[/quote]

Yes indeed. I was thinking about making also a thread showcasing the evolution of the modern 12 cylinder Ferraris, which would have started with the 512BB(well kind of), but looking at how many comments the V8 thread is getting, I am starting to think that to get a response I should have bought one same Lambo in ten colors instead of ten different Ferraris in the same color.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[/quote]

Yes indeed. I was thinking about making also a thread showcasing the evolution of the modern 12 cylinder Ferraris, which would have started with the 512BB(well kind of), but looking at how many comments the V8 thread is getting, I am starting to think that to get a response I should have bought one same Lambo in ten colors instead of ten different Ferraris in the same color.

[/quote]

That would be pretty!

At some point, I want to start a thread of just black Ferrari's, but not sure if it would be well received.

G

·
[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be pretty!

At some point, I want to start a thread of just black Ferrari's, but not sure if it would be well received.
[/quote]

I don't know what to tell you. I would like to see it. But I don't get the whole logic (or lack of) about what is well received and what is not. Someone shows a piece of art in the form of a CMC Bugatti Atlantic or Exoto 246 Dino and there are like ten replies. Then someone shows the same baby diaper blue lamborghini Sv that ten people showed before him the same week and there are three pages of ooohhhhs and aaahhhhhs. I just don't get it. But it is what it is.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I always really liked the black over red 512...great looking model. I haven't followed prices lately, but that one used to be fairly inexpensive.
Shold be cheap, but when you never see them on ebay, sometimes like to add a 150% premium on things. Comparing details, it is not worth more than $50.

G

·
Interesting that red interior. I didn't even know Kyosho made it this way. I have a black 512BB, but mine is over tan interior. Many years ago my ex-wife dropped it and it hit the corner of a table and it bent the A-pillar and cracked the windshield. It was amazing how strong these are made. I fixed the A-pillar, but the windshield still has just a tiny crack. I replaced it with your red one. Tomotorsport had them not too long ago for like $30.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mike, the red interior is not a 512. I used it as a comparison as far as details of the two makers. I would like a black Kyosho 512, but those seem to be hard to come by. That is why I have the Chrono. If I ever get a Kyosho, the Chrono is going to be sold.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.