DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the 1:1 on the internet recently and had to have the model. OK, so George Michael owns this one... looks good in black, but if red comes out I'll definitely get it. The color on this one is a metalflake black, and the flakes could be smaller but they're not too bad. If you didn't know better you'd think the car needed dusting...

Ferrari California by vegasracer, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Super model and pics Zugs,
but I agree, I'd go for the red....

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It's a superb model. I have the Elite blue one - someone listed it on eBay last year for $40 brand new with shipping via buy-it-now! The person had won it from a company raffle or something and didn't know or cared anything about die-casts. Anyways, my favorite part of the model are the rubber/carpet floor mats! The floor mat is a combination of "carpetting" and rubber - just like the real thing. You don't even find floor mats on most Autoart or Kyosho models. The details and lines could be more crisper on this model; but because of the floor mats, it's actually one of my favorite models in my collection of 80 cars. My pet-peeve are floor mats in die-casts.

·
Registered
645 Posts
There's a red one that keeps showing up on ebay australia for starting bid of $84.95 but no one ever bids . Last auction was item no. 230690045445. I don't think he lists overseas postage but it ight be worth contacting him. He will probably auction again, so keep checking.... I generally prefer mid engine or classic Ferraris so its not really been on my hit list....

·
Diecast Lover
1,095 Posts
Looks great in black...red is extremely difficult to find here in the us, I completely missed out on them
when they were first released.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Thankfully I snagged an Elite red when it first came out. Had no clue, at that time, that it would be so difficult to find now.

But I understand what you mean about the flakes being abit large. I had the F430 in met black and I always felt that it looks..."dusty". Lol.

Great shots tho.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
I missed out on the red as well, but have to say, the California is one of those Ferraris that looks better in other colors.

I really like this version, especially with these different wheels. I'll definitely add this one at some point.

G

·
Really nice pictures. I ,for one, think the paint is just fine and the flakes are not too big, but it is just me maybe.
I have the red and the blue and I bought the black, but it got repainted and it is in the process of being converted back to LHD and getting a Novitec Rosso treatment.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
crispy shots jeff nice ..... still wanna add this one some day but in red
well jeff it has already released in red but seems hard to find at least in the elite version!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Super model and pics Zugs,
but I agree, I'd go for the red....
Thanks for the compliment, but I don't live in the Netherlands the last time I checked...

It's all good, man.

[/quote]

Hahahahahaha! My sincere apologies Dr Jeff......
I reckon 2 many beers....

.......on reflection having said that ......can you have 2 many beers??????????

G

·
Captured the Black well

I didn't know the Red was so rare. My GF purchased it for me a few years ago when in Europe.

G

·
Few years ago?
The model came out a little before last Christmas.
Anyway, I have an extra brand new red Elite model that is available for trade. They are very rare indeed and the asking price when they appear on e-bay raises my eyebrows.
I was thinking converting it to all black interior RHD and keeping it, but if anyone is interested please PM.
Sorry for the OT

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Black doesn't look too bad on the California. I'm hoping HWE would release the red one again with diamond wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts