DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't too happy with Hot Wheels's Enzo model having an almost entirely black interior so I decided to make it look more like the original car.
As you can see from the photos, I used a great deal of red for brightening the interior up. For the underside of the dashboard and the starter button, I used scarlet red Starex Vinyl (which I cut to fit) and for the seats I painted them with roughly 8 thin coats of Humbrol enamel paint (colour 220). I also made some windows using that tutorial from Automotive Forums.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Beautiful Job Darren :nicejob :nicejob
Great inmprovment :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Nice work CS_GT!! I really like your final results. I also have been itching to modify my Enzo's interior as it does look very monochrome.

Did you wash the pieces prior to painting? If so, with what sort of cleaner? :feedback

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys.
To answer your question, SM, you won't need to wash any of the pieces if you keep the model away from dust before you paint but if you feel that you need to wash it, I'd advise only using warm water and washing up liquid otherwise you risk damaging the seats if you use a stonger cleaning agent. Enamel paint adheres very well to hard rubber, you just need several coats before the original black colour of the seats no longer shows through the paint.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Great work! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

I've been wanting to try this with mine, but since I can hardly find a red Enzo anymore(except Ebay :crying) I don't know if I should.

G

·
FordGT said:
Great work! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

I've been wanting to try this with mine, but since I can hardly find a red Enzo anymore(except Ebay :crying) I don't know if I should.
You're not worried about the Enzo becoming rare, are you? :lol

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
You mean it isn't? :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No, I think I'm gonna try it anyway because it already has a huge scratch on the engine cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts