DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at some F355 Challenge models and am wondering if anyone can provide info on them:

Hot Wheels 1:18, silver and yellow

Bang 1:43's

UT's converted with a transkit

My only complaint about the Bang models is that I've only seen one with a rear spoiler, which I much prefer for the racing version.

Any comments welcome.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you can usually find the Bangs pretty cheaply, well in europe at least, and for their money they are worth it
i don't have a single one of them myself, since i've switched to handbuilds
but i have wanted to buy them several times before, and somethimes i still do because there are like 30 or so available

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
There's usually a ton of Bangs on eBay and the liveries are cool; hopefully there will be some with rear wings. The 2 Hot Wheels ones don't look too bad, at least in pics. The transkit also works on the Hot Wheels; I'd love to try it on a UT but... $$$$$.

EDIT: Does anyone know of any online sellers that deal in Bang models? I found one (Modelbox.net) which has a lot of them.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've got the 1:18 Hot Wheels models, they're typical Hot Wheels #55 models, but I still like them. The silver one can be rather difficult to come by and I've seen those go for way more than they're worth on eBay. I picked up my HWs for under $10 each when they had them on gomotorbids.com last year.

I can pull one out and snap some pics if you like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I'd love to get the silver, and figured it was the rarer/more expensive of the two. I came across those GoMotorBids auctions in a Google search; $8!!! Wow... There's a couple of yellow ones on eBay right now but I'm going to try to hold out for the silver.

It's too bad Hot Wheels never made it in red...

Some pics would be great; thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anybody know of any online retailers in North America who sell Bang models? I found two in Germany but the shipping for one 1:43 is around $40US.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts