DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've actually had an F40 in my collection for a year and a half now which was the regular Hot Wheels version that I got for peanuts at some grocery store. Needless to say it always felt and looked like a toy model and not like a collectible. I've gotten to have a pretty big and focused collection by now and I have very few models on my wishlist, most of which are just future F1 releases. I've decided that I had to replace some of the crappier models, and I decided to start with the F40 since the regular Hot Wheels just didn't do justice to this beautiful car.

I'm glad I decided to get this Kyosho. I think it's a good deal for what I paid for it ($75). It's about as good as the best AUTOart or Kyosho in my collection with the exception of the AUTOart Mazda 787B. This is the sort of quality that all my Ferrari models should be (ideally), but unfortunately that is not the case. I hope someday I can put a nice quality 355 and a 288 GTO and Enzo in my collection someday. I may just have to get the BBR Enzo to replace my regular Hot Wheels with since I feel the Enzo is worthy of a really good model, I'll have to think about that one.

Anyway, nice model overall. Lots of photoetch pieces, and carbon fiber looking parts throughout the interior. The pop-up headlights are a key feature that a F40 model should have, and the paintjob on this model is just superb. I think it's the nicest red paint I have in my whole collection, maybe even better than my Minichamps Carrera GT.

Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm so glad I held off from buying the Hot Wheels Elite. I stayed away from Mattel's Ferraris because none of them, not even the Elite models seem to really be any better than the one UT Ferrari I own, the 550, when it comes to overall quality and finish. I cannot WAIT for my BBR Enzo to arrive in the mail. The Kyosho F40 is next, and hopefully they'll produce an F50. I'd love to see the 288 GTO also.

Anyone want an old Maisto F50? hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.