DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the same F40 Stevie used to own and now it's mine after a trade we did some time ago. :cheers I did of course have to modify it and bought myself a F40LM light tune kit for the conversion, it's kinda like my F50GT a partly conversion as I like to keep some of that "roadcar" look to it. And it would be a shame to rebuild the magnificent model Kyosho have produced here. In my opinion it's miles in front of the Tamiyas as this is a true high level model with some nice craftsmanship!

-I lowered the whole model by modifying the suspension
-Touched up the details a bit, not much that can be better on this model to begin with.
-Added the custom parts that make the appearance of a LM version, spoilers, rims, wing and air gates.
-Added some custom decals etc.

Anyways I'm happy with the result and this is my 2nd favourite Ferrari after the F50GT in real so I can't stop staring on it :giggle

You all know how the original Tamiya F40 look like

And 10 hours later

G

·
Glad it arrived ok Thorst :hot
my we did not waste any time gettin' to it :eek:mg
great job Buddy.....i want it back now :help

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
She's a beauty! Great work! 10 hours and how many Red Bulls (in the background of your pics) later? :giggle

AWESOME!!!
Sean

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Yup, I know that Michael, I bought it there myself :giggle
I didn't want to post a link as I'm not sure about the "advertising for free part" here on DX.
I did have to do some small adjustments though, as I always have a different opinion. This kit is highly recommended and I know they also have a userid on DX, but I can't remember what it is.

Michael, what about that silver LM??? Do you still want it? :confused

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.