DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another car that makes me wonder about how Mattel got such a bad rap.
This car delivers quite a bit for the money, no doglegs, working suspension, full upenings and a fair amount of detail for a $20 something price tag.

If every car in this price range would be like this, I would be very happy!

Yes, it had some issues but it is fine for the cost. If it were a $50+ model then I would have a entirely different set of expectations.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Actually, it seems that Hot Wheels bought the Maisto molds (like they bought the Beanstalks). Hot Wheels never has put a working suspension in a car and Hot Wheels always have doglegs; Maisto had the former but not the latter.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I remembered that the Hot Wheels Mould wasn't their own. :confused

Whoever did it, its a very nice budget model!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I got a question about the seatbelts....

...are they stock or custom made? :confused

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That does look good for a budget model, Jeff

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hot Wheels, (Mattel) is like every other manufacturer. They make some bad ones and they make some good ones. That looks like a good one indeed. I'm not a big fan of the F50, but that is a nice looking model Jeff. . . :nicejob

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
For a budget model, that F50 is hard to pass up at $20! This is the first time I've seen it in silver and I must say it looks sharp. Jeff, you've really kicked it up a notch with your photography as your new lighting setup is doing wonders for your photos. :nicejob :nicejob

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
This actually is a pretty good model. Really good suspension on this one. Best 1:18 F50 I remember seeing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.