DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this new Ferrari. The shooting brake design and the incorperation of the four-wheel drive system makes this the most unique car built by Ferrari. From the available choices in color I went with the red. I love the red interior of the blue, but I do not want a blue Ferrari. I would love black but I do not see that happening. The quality is on par with the best that HWE has ever done. Very solid feel and I like the quality of the tires used, yes a strange thing to comment about, but it is nice. The interior is very nice, clean. I want to do a few things to make this a premium model, but with the lack of experience it might be a while. I showed a buddy the pics of my FJ on the roof of my car and he said I should do this with my new model. So today, a very overcast and foggy day, I did so. I found the only 20 minutes all day that was not raining to take these pictures. Hope you enjoy them!!

Ok, there are a lot of pictures. I could not narrow it down to a few. Make sure to look at them all though, they are not all on the top of m car.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I spy with my lil eye some photo of the month fodder! nicely shot, I like that contrast that you are using. My favorite shot is that last one. I like the angle you caught on the FF.

I am betting that Hot Wheels does come out with a black version of it, they've been making all of their other F road cars in black lately so I bet they'll do this one in black as well. Since they can't do race versions with this mould I bet they will at least milk the colors. Just a guess, I haven't heard of anything concrete.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
NIce add preis ..... will receive mine this week so ...... THanks for sharing ;-)

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Thanks for all those pics preisman!
I agree with Tony, the very last one is especially terrific !

The blue is nice, but red has to be the one for me.....!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
After your pics, I couldn't hold off on this any longer. Diecast budget stretched to the limit already for now but I'm psyched to add this one. One of my fav current cars and everything seems to indicate that Mattel really didn't let this one down at all.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After your pics, I couldn't hold off on this any longer. Diecast budget stretched to the limit already for now but I'm psyched to add this one. One of my fav current cars and everything seems to indicate that Mattel really didn't let this one down at all.
You won't be disappointed. I did not take a photo of the engine, but it is the best they have done. The engine is nice, even if you can open the hood.

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts
Nice shots, the only thing I'd do would be to replace the side windows with full ones. It actually looks nice in red, lots better than some pics I've seen.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My favorite is the third to the last photo. I've also decided to get the red. As much as I love the blue with red interior, I know that if I get the blue, I will regret not getting the red with beige interior sometime in the future. You just can't go wrong with a red Ferrari IMO. Besides, a red FF will look nice next to my red 458 Italia.

·
Registered
353 Posts
one question, is the door has different color than the rest of the body? ...i've seen the blue one in that condition.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one question, is the door has different color than the rest of the body? ...i've seen the blue one in that condition.
In one of the pictures, it looks like it, but in my hands I can't tell.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful pictures! You've captured the FF's best angles.
Thanks, I think with all the photos I captured all angles, haha.

G

·
Very nice pictures. I love them.
About the colors being different on the doors, I think it is one of this light tricks that teh different surfaces play on the eye. All the models of the FF appear to have this issue on pictures, but when in hand there is no difference in the color. I have noticed similar issues with the Bugatti Veyrons too. There paint is exactly the same on the door and the rest of the body, but when photographed there seems to be a difference in the shade.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The reflection is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I love the pictures with the reflection. Very pretty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I can say freely; This is by far the ugliest car Ferrari has ever made!!!
Sorry guys, not meant to offend you, just my opinion!

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I can say freely; This is by far the ugliest car Ferrari has ever made!!!
Sorry guys, not meant to offend you, just my opinion!
No offense, but you could always say something nice about the pictures or the quality of the model. Again, picture style is an opinion. So I can tell you this is one of HWs best Ferraris yet. This is right up there with the 599 GTO, just quality model making.

Thanks for your comment thought!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts