DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Bburago?
I love this model.
It is out of scale, it is not as good as the models from Minichamps, Kyosho, etc, but I love it.
:cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
:coolpics as always !!!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
What would you like to know?

The 250 GTO was a Supercar before they called them that.

A true GT car that could be driven to the track and then driven in the race and win, it was a special car at a special time.
Probably the most sucessful Ferrari racing car (in terms of number of wins) ever. It is also one of the most valuable at $6M plus.
I think there were 36 of them built.

First shown in 1962, it was a front engined, 12 cylinder, tube chassis masterpiece.
The engine was the 3L V12 out of the 1958 Testa Rossa only with dry sump oiling.
It had 4 wheel disc brakes and the chassis had many racing influenced designs that were the leading edge of technology in 1962.

The interior was race car bare, you could drive it on the street but you might not want to do it for very long :giggle

The 250 GTO, im my opinion, is one of the 5 best looking cars ever built.
Those front engined GT's always look good and thei was one of the best.

And I always thought that the Datsun 240Z was a semi-copy of it :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Bburago makes the one pictured above and it one of the better releases from them with the exception of the car being HUGE! The thing is probably 1:17 or maybe even 1:16.5.

Hot Wheels makes it as well and it is one of their best releases. The shape, stance and size appear to be pretty good.
I rank the Enzo, 288 GTO and this one as the nicest Hot Wheels Ferraris.

Exoto is said to be coming out with one in the $239+ price range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Jeff,

I am so close to purchasing this model on your word that it is one of Hot Wheels's best :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
To me, it ranks up there with the 288 GTO and the 456 GT.
If you don't like it you can always give it to me :wink

1 - 13 of 13 Posts