DiecastXchange Forum banner
181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 · (Edited)
My opening F1 model collection has increased in size significantly recently. I have now the following:

• 1974 Minichamps McLaren M23 Fittipaldi
  • 1975 Exoto Ferrari 312T Regazzoni
  • 1979 Exoto Ferrari 312T4 Villeneuve
  • 1983 Minichamps Brabham BT52 Piquet
  • 1985 Solido McLaren MP4/2B Prost
  • 1985 Premium X Lotus 97T Senna
  • 1986 Minichamps Benetton B186 Berger
  • 1988 Premium X McLaren MP4/4 Senna
  • 1990 Exoto Ferrari 641/2 Prost
  • 1990 Exoto Ferrari 641/2 Mansell
  • 1991 Minichamps Williams FW14 Mansell + Senna taxi
  • 1992 Exoto Williams FW14B Mansell
  • 1992 Minichamps Benetton B192 Schumacher

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I have re-arranged the models in my display cabinets.

The 4 slim ones are getting less models compared to before (see the picture below), which unfortunately means that some of the previously displayed models need to be stored.

Props for keeping those in the boxes. The collectibility value will thank you later lol.
Thanks! Indeed my OCD is to keep the models and their boxes in a state as good as possible. I even put styrofoam underneath the models to prevent the tires touching the shelf.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congrats! I like the choice of models in your displays, in particular the HWE 250 LM and 410 Superamerica. Your collection of red HWE Ferraris is indeed very impressive. How many of those HWE Ferraris did you originally buy at retail when they were first released vs. after HWE lost the license?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Congrats! I like the choice of models in your displays, in particular the HWE 250 LM and 410 Superamerica. Your collection of red HWE Ferraris is indeed very impressive. How many of those HWE Ferraris did you originally buy at retail when they were first released vs. after HWE lost the license?
Thanks for the nice words. I have only bought less than 5 HWEs at retail when they were first released, the first being the 348TB back in 2013. HWE lost the Ferrari license in 2014.
Maybe hunting HWE in Europe is a bit easier than in Asia. Also it seems that HWE is depreciating at the moment. I will address that in a separate HWE thread.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
I have re-arranged models in my display cabinets.
The 4 slim ones are getting less models compared to before (see the picture below), which unfortunately means that some of the previously displayed models need to be stored.
I like it, very neatly displayed, well done!

[/quote]

Thanks! less is more imo:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
70 models in 5 months is indeed quite the trajectory, already 2x the size of my current collection. I guess that budget came from the lack of travel & entertainment expenses. Those GMP 330 P4s are definitely only my wish list. And as much as I want all of the HWE Ferraris you have, the lack of space is my main concern, so I am forced to prioritize.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 · (Edited)
Today something I guess most collectors might not know.

Autoart released in 2001 the James Bond version of the Toyota 2000GT, from the movie You only live twice.
I guess most collectors might know that the cover behind the seats can be opened to show the monitor and the radio control, but did you know that the glove box can also be opened to show the Sony recorder?

I guess this is the only Autoart model that the glove box can be opened.

181 - 192 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.