DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Guys, do you know how I can post a hyperlink like what Gustavo did in his thread?
http://www.diecastxc...93#entry1236193
Thanks a lot!
At the top right corner of every post is a post number...if you right click on that and then select 'Copy link address'.
When writing your next post (or editing an existing one) you then highlight a piece of text like 'My V8 Ferraris'
Then click on the link icon that will open up a box, you then paste in the URL using Ctrl+V (like you did with the link to Gustavo's thread above) and click 'OK'
Your bit of highlighted text (that is now underlined and in blue) now acts as the link to that post...as I've done above ^...

Hope this helps....good luck!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Guys, do you know how I can post a hyperlink like what Gustavo did in his thread?
http://www.diecastxc...93#entry1236193
Thanks a lot!
At the top right corner of every post is a post number...if you right click on that and then select 'Copy link address'.
When writing your next post (or editing an existing one) you then highlight a piece of text like 'My V8 Ferraris'
Then click on the link icon that will open up a box, you then paste in the URL using Ctrl+V (like you did with the link to Gustavo's thread above) and click 'OK'
Your bit of highlighted text (that is now underlined and in blue) now acts as the link to that post...as I've done above ^...

Hope this helps....good luck!

[/quote]

It works haha! Thanks a lot mate!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Hotwheels Elite Ferrari 458 Italia
Total: 15 Real car appeal: 7 Exterior: 4 Interior: 4

+ relatively a very popular model (both 1:1 and 1:18)
+ tight panel gaps

- rims are too big
- plastic exhausts
- no mesh at the back
- headlight covers are too plastic
- the black surrounding on the front window should be at the inner side of the window

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Autoart Porsche 996 GT2
Total: 14 Real car appeal: 6 Exterior: 4 Interior: 4

+ 996 has been made by a lot of manufactures, including Autoart, Minichamps, Bburago, Maisto... But the 996 GT2 is only made by Autoart, therefore relatively rare
+ Nice rims as usual for AUTOart

- model feels very light, lots of plastic parts
- visible plastic mold line at the front bumper (at least for the 1st releases)
- dog legs
- solid mesh
- no side windows

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Autoart Mercedes CLK GTR #2 Ludwig
Total: 19 Real car appeal: 8 Exterior: 6 Interior: 5

+ one of my favorite Le Mans Prototype cars, together with the 911 GT1-98, good memories from NFS Hot Pursuit 2 :D
+ relatively rare
+ nice mesh

- plastic interior, especially the seat belts
- buckles for the engine cover should be chrome

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
Kind of hard to properly evaluate a model if you cannot remove the engine cover or open the doors, right? Nonetheless it is a good looking model and I am enjoying your updates, but I do not know how you resist the urge the cut those straps!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
CLK-GTR was my favourite car as a teenager. Remember watching the series on tv on a saturday and remember this livery...that was 16 years ago now!
Cool! I have good memories of the CLK-GTR street version in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 :D, back in 2001. Unfortunately there was no broadcast of the Le Mans GT races back then in Holland.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Kind of hard to properly evaluate a model if you cannot remove the engine cover or open the doors, right? Nonetheless it is a good looking model and I am enjoying your updates, but I do not know how you resist the urge the cut those straps!
haha, I only got this model yesterday, so no time to cut the straps yet. But usually before I purchase a model, I do a lot of intensive research of the model (Diecastxchange is the perfect platform for that), search for many pictures of the model, inside and out. So I would say I can have an educated guess of the level of the details.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
UT Porsche 911 GT1 #25 1996 Le Mans
Total: 12 Real car appeal: 5 Exterior: 3 Interior: 4

+ Le Mans 1996 winner of the GT1 class, 2nd overall
+ Nice stance

- No brake calipers
- Front hood is sealed
- Poor wheels, UT has bad reputation for the glue they applied to mount the wheels, On this model, the glue mark is not too bad
- All the vents are solid
- Doglegs, small opening angle
- Painted indicators

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
UT Porsche 911 GT1 evo #6
Total: 14 Real car appeal: 7 Exterior: 3 Interior: 4

+ Personally I prefer the 996 headlight than 993's
+ Nice stance

- No brake calipers
- Front hood is sealed
- Poor wheels, some glue mark
- All the vents are solid
- Doglegs, small opening angle
- Painted indicators

More pictures of the real car:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/suffix/photo/Porsche/911%20GT1/Evo.html

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Kyosho BMW V12 LMR #15
Total: 14 Real car appeal: 4 Exterior: 5 Interior: 5

+ Le Mans winner
+ Kyosho made two versions of this car, the later open engine cover version is relatively rare
+ Correct stance

- The side air intakes are solid, and not even painted black
- Front hood is sealed
- The real car has the third center headlight. The model is probably a representation of the museum edition, which lacks the center headlight

The same engine as McLaren F1

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Autoart Mazda RX-8 X-Men 2
Total: 17 Real car appeal: 5 Exterior: 6 Interior: 6

+ Movie car, although not very well-known
+ "limited to 3000 pieces"
+ Inner rotary engine cover can be opened, the only AUTOart model I have seen so far that has this option, besides the much more recent Lexus LS 600 HL form the Signature series.

- Solid rear mesh
- Rims a bit too plastic
- Different number plate than in the movie

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Nice variety in your collection Frank and a very informative way of presenting them. I love the DB5 and will have to pick one up at some stage. I remember seeing an episode of Top Gear where they drove a DB5 upgraded with modern day components to improve performance and handling ... now that would be my dream car.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Nice variety in your collection Frank and a very informative way of presenting them. I love the DB5 and will have to pick one up at some stage. I remember seeing an episode of Top Gear where they drove a DB5 upgraded with modern day components to improve performance and handling ... now that would be my dream car.
Thanks James for the nice words!
It was not my intention to have a varied collection initially, I was focusing only on Ferrari road cars, F1 and James Bond cars. However things got a bit out of my control lately
. Now I also have a couple of Le Mans racers, off road cars and luxury cars. I'm telling myself constantly that I have enough models now, but some bargains keep appearing...
Regarding the DB5, I think the HWE version that will come out this year should be better than the old AUTOart one from a decade ago.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Sorry about not contributing to this thread sooner but i do keep looking at your wonderful models and the scoring and verdict of them.Great photos as well,thanks.
Thank you Darren for the nice words. I truly admire your collection! You've got one of the best 1/12 collections I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks James for the nice words!
It was not my intention to have a varied collection initially, I was focusing only on Ferrari road cars, F1 and James Bond cars. However things got a bit out of my control lately
. Now I also have a couple of Le Mans racers, off road cars and luxury cars. I'm telling myself constantly that I have enough models now, but some bargains keep appearing...
Regarding the DB5, I think the HWE version that will come out this year should be better than the old AUTOart one from a decade ago.
[/quote]
I know exactly what you mean ... very easy to get distracted from your goal by all those pesky bargains :)

Yes the HWE was what I was planning so good to hear I'm on the right track. Thanks for the input.

21 - 40 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.