DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
1/12 is the future,you just have to let the Manufacturers know LOL.Have you any 1/12 models or are you adding any 1/12 to your collection ?
Sorry for my late reply. At the moment I will stick with 1/18, because there are just simply more choices compared to 1/12. Once I considered to add a Kyosho F40 1/12, but then I felt kind of obliged to buy the 1/12 F50, Enzo and 288GTO to complete the series, so I didn't pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Great collection!

Kyosho BMW V12 LMR #15
Total: 14 Real car appeal: 4 Exterior: 5 Interior: 5

+ Le Mans winner
+ Kyosho made two versions of this car, the later open engine cover version is relatively rare
+ Correct stance

- The side air intakes are solid, and not even painted black
- Front hood is sealed
- The real car has the third center headlight. The model is probably a representation of the museum edition, which lacks the center headlight

I've got the Maisto version of the Le Mans edition and the Kyosho version of the Sebring 12 hour (Becks livery). From an exterior point of view, I'd say the models are very evenly matched, and (imvho) the Kyosho is not worth the extra ££. The Maisto also lacks the centre light (and has grooved rather than slick styres). However, looking at your photos (and comparing with my model) the engine detail is much better on the Kyosho. Whether this is enough to justify the extra expenditure is down to the purchaser.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Kyosho BMW V12 LMR #15
Total: 14 Real car appeal: 4 Exterior: 5 Interior: 5

+ Le Mans winner
+ Kyosho made two versions of this car, the later open engine cover version is relatively rare
+ Correct stance

- The side air intakes are solid, and not even painted black
- Front hood is sealed
- The real car has the third center headlight. The model is probably a representation of the museum edition, which lacks the center headlight
I've got the Maisto version of the Le Mans edition and the Kyosho version of the Sebring 12 hour (Becks livery). From an exterior point of view, I'd say the models are very evenly matched, and (imvho) the Kyosho is not worth the extra ££. The Maisto also lacks the centre light (and has grooved rather than slick styres). However, looking at your photos (and comparing with my model) the engine detail is much better on the Kyosho. Whether this is enough to justify the extra expenditure is down to the purchaser.
[/quote]

Thanks for the comment. Indeed the Maisto version is a very nice model considering its price. I would say that the headlight of the Kyosho version is better than the Maisto one. But I agree with you that the Kyosho one is not their best effort, especially for the non-opening version. Its poor popularity reflects on its low price on Ebay. However the opening version is relatively rare.

·
Super Moderator
13,727 Posts
1/12 is the future,you just have to let the Manufacturers know LOL.Have you any 1/12 models or are you adding any 1/12 to your collection ?
Sorry for my late reply. At the moment I will stick with 1/18, because there are just simply more choices compared to 1/12. Once I considered to add a Kyosho F40 1/12, but then I felt kind of obliged to buy the 1/12 F50, Enzo and 288GTO to complete the series, so I didn't pull the trigger.
[/quote]That's how it starts,you buy the first one and WHAM....There is a list as long as your arm,then all of a sudden you have five Holy Grails to get..

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
This is one of my holy grails, and now I only need the HWE F355 to complete the 308 - 458 series.

HWE Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Total: 18 Real car appeal: 9 Exterior: 5 Interior: 4

+ A relatively rare model. Unlike the standard F430, which both BBR and HWE produced, this Scuderia version (diecast) is only made by HWE.
+ For sure the BBR has a higher quality, but personally I like the Scuderia much more than the F430.
+ Unlike the HWE F430 or 458, the rim size on the Scuderia is quite OK.
+ Lot's of meshed parts, nice metal finished interior

- Solid lower rear mesh
- Engine cover has huge doglegs (visible from the side)
- Ferrari logo on the steering wheel is too small

It's a shame that the BBR version of the Scuderia didn't make it into production...

Nor the Scuderia Spider 16M...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on that Scuderia. It's my favourite Ferrari since the 355. Really hoping I find one at a reasonable price someday.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
My Ferrari V8 series is almost complete, only missing the HWE F355.
(my 360 Modena is elsewhere)

And a very nice stable it is Frank!
Are they HWE, or do I spy a Kyosho or two in there??

·
Registered
647 Posts
MR built a very nice 16M. Out of my price range but I remember drooling over an Ebay ad of a pearl white 16M with the extra carbon details as sills etc. What a car. But I just can't spend 500 usd on a model.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
MR built a very nice 16M. Out of my price range but I remember drooling over an Ebay ad of a pearl white 16M with the extra carbon details as sills etc. What a car. But I just can't spend 500 usd on a model.
Hi Hans, yes there are several resin 16M's. But I'm more interested in diecasts. Not sure why HWE didn't make it. Must be something to do with the license. Also the SA Aperta is not produced by HWE.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Autoart McLaren F1
Total: 24 Real car appeal: 7 Exterior: 9 Interior: 8

+ legendary hypercar.
+ many movable parts
+ suitcases
+ the most detailed Autoart Signature road car to date.

- lower part of the doors (black part) is not aligned with the rest of the body (after searching for other pictures, this problem seems to be sample specific)
- paint quality of this particular model can be improved (not sure if this is due to quality control issue).
- panel gap is a bit big on the side.

Notice how small this car is compared to the Enzo.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Fantastic model! This color IMO really shows off it's lines really well. They are getting harder to find in silver too. Great review, thank you!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Fantastic model! This color IMO really shows off it's lines really well. They are getting harder to find in silver too. Great review, thank you!
Thanks for the comment. I also think silver is The color for the F1, and of course orange is the best color for the F1 LM. (maybe the only color available for the 1:1?)

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
BBR Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
Total: 26 Real car appeal: 10 Exterior: 8 Interior: 8

+ One of my favorite Ferrari's, along with the 360 Modena and the F50.
+ When this model was released back in 2004, it was THE most detailed 1:18 Ferrari model on the market. Maybe many people might not have realized this. The 250 GT SWB from CMC was released from the same year.
+ luggage, cover, removable wheels.
+ BBR really exploited the mold, and made dozens of different versions: the Pope version, Monza test version, Full carbon fiber version... eventually leading to the inflation of the model. But this very first version remains relatively rare.

- back wheel tires are too thick
- rear lights are painted
- door opening angle is too small.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I love your reviews!
I also have this BBR, it's what turned me into supercar collecting actually. Only had NASCAR's before. I wish BBR still did diecast, they were incredible. Their F430 release was amazing as well.

I now have to go get my hands on my Enzo because of these pics. It's the one that started it all!

Thanks for reminding me :)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Thanks for the nice words! I just checked your NASCAR topic. Wow! Such an amazing collection you have! Although NASCAR is not very well known here in Europe, I do envy someone with such a dedication!

Regarding BBR I completely agree with you. Something I don't understand is that they made so many versions and colors of the Enzo, but not the F430.
Thanks! I started when I was a little kid, then got curious about other types of racing and boom, was hooked. Those cars started this hobby for me, then the Enzo started the supercar aspect :). I watch F1 religiously now instead of NASCAR however, but still follow them all :)

Well, till next time. I look forward to your other detailed reviews :)

41 - 60 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.