DiecastXchange Forum banner
141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Fantastic to see these iconic machines,love all of these film cars,Great additions.
Thanks for the nice words. Collecting movie cars is quite addictive. I have now the entire AUTOart James Bond 1:18, the Hotwheels Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, and Back to the future.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Regarding the HWE 288 GTO, normally I'm not too much bothered that HWE apply only half windows or no windows (e.g. Superamerica, 288 GTO), but I recently realized that for the 288 GTO, HWE even don't have the small triangular window at the side mirror. See below comparing with the recent BBR resin one.

Has anyone customized their HWE 288 GTO adding the window? Would the HWE 308 window work on the HWE 288 GTO? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wow, those are 3 models that I simply couldn't miss in my collection! I grew up watching The Knight Rider and I had to have it. Obviously I'm not paying 600€ for it, if you compare it with other models on the same price range (i.e. CMC Ferrari 250 GTO or Talbot-Lago T150SS Coupé Goute d'Eau Figoni & Falaschi, etc.) it's just armed robbery! The DMC-12 Time Machine is also a wicked car and a very cool model, which in my collection is represented with a Sun Star. Regarding the beautiful Aston Martin DB5, I'd really like to check out all the gadgets the Hot Wheels has to offer. How does it compare to the AutoArt?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Wow, those are 3 models that I simply couldn't miss in my collection! I grew up watching The Knight Rider and I had to have it. Obviously I'm not paying 600€ for it, if you compare it with other models on the same price range (i.e. CMC Ferrari 250 GTO or Talbot-Lago T150SS Coupé Goute d'Eau Figoni & Falaschi, etc.) it's just armed robbery! The DMC-12 Time Machine is also a wicked car and a very cool model, which in my collection is represented with a Sun Star. Regarding the beautiful Aston Martin DB5, I'd really like to check out all the gadgets the Hot Wheels has to offer. How does it compare to the AutoArt?
Thanks for the nice words.
I still consider the Hot Wheels Super Elite KITT and Delorean worth the asking price simply because out of all the models those are the only relatively detailed models with light and sound effects. That by its own is something special. Secondly they are not "mass-produced". So relatively rare. I completely agree with you that any latest CMC model is much more detailed than those HWSE, but CMC doesn't have sound and light :)

I still haven't fully unpacked the HWE DB5 (which is another model that is not "mass-produced"), but from the other pictures online, it's definitely better than the AUTOart one, which is not a surprise since the AUTOart one is from 2001. Probably the only drawback of the HWE one is the fog light where machine guns come out. HWE has bigger hinges than the AUTOart one.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Personally, the matter of "not being mass produced" is something that I couldn't care less. If making 1.000.000 units makes a model I desire less expensive, so be it! But that's just my oppinion. I understand what you mean about CMC's not having linght and sound... but do they REALLY need to? On the KITT, the scanner is something that obviouly had to be funcional but, other than that, honestly, I find it unnecessary. But hey, if it tickles your nipple, perfect! It's always good when we make a purchase and think our money was well spent.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
It's pretty much the same moulding as the Maisto, am I right? weather BBR makes a full oppening model, this one still looks great!
The Hot Wheels indeed looks very similar to the Maisto one. I don't have the Maisto one, can't compare them in person.
The only thing missing from the F50 is the brake caliper. I wish I could add the calipers to this model, and also to the UT 550 Maranello.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Got two Exoto FW14B's (pictures from Exoto, still need to upload my own pictures), #5 and #6.
They are probably the most detailed relatively modern (after 1990) 1:18 F1 models ever made. A pity no one else makes modern F1 cars in high quality = full opening. But i can understand as its demand is less than that of the hypercars.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Very nice collection you got there. I really like the DB5, F1 and CLK GTR from Autoart, as well as the movie models and 007 cars. I have quite a few myself and can most definitely appreciate your taste!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
I love that Exoto FW14B! Such a great model, and excelent details.. :) ! Wish to own one my self one day..
I sold the number 6 last month and kept the number 5.
With Williams becoming the Minardi of F1, I predict that this model will slowly decrease in value in the future.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
One of the projects I'd like to do is to take pictures of all my Ferrari models from the same angle and combine them into one picture to see the evolution of the Ferrari models.

Below is what I had in mind, with all the Ferrari street models I own at the moment. The pictures are from internet for now, I hope to replace the pictures by mine in the near future.
For a seasoned collector, you should recognize all the model types and makers, right?

BTW, I'm surprised why Ferrari doesn't have such a picture to show all their 1:1 models. The closest I can find is something like this https://www.budgetdi...-ever-made.html, but they are all digitally drawn pictures.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.