DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting impatiently for these 2 models to arrive, and finally I get them! :happy

First up, Minichamps 92 Audi V8 racer. The hood hinges are the best part, but very easy to get loose, and causes hood to not be able to stay up :pullhair Door hinges are kinda scary too, feels dangerously easy to break :scared But otherwise, a great model, great engine detail.

Next up is the Kyosho 545. Great model, the colour is AMAZING. Looks like black but is actually a very dark metallic blue. The only things I don't like are the rear lights, don't look very 3D or well made and the crappy engine... But a great model, captures the model superbly.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Gary, I don't know how to tell you this, but your cars are not in boxes!
Quick, get an enviormental siut on and get those things back in their boxes :giggle

I like that Audi a lot! :nicejob

Congrats :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff! :happy

When u mean enviro. suit, for the cars, or for me? :giggle The closest fit for diecast enviro suits would be a plastic bag :lol

G

·
Two very European JDMs I see :giggle

I love that Audi Gary and if it weren't for the mountain of Porkers I still need to get, I would have got that version right away. :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you guys! :happy

Burn: ya... Euro... J..D..M... Oh who am I kidding, my # German cars are almost equal to my # JDM's :scared :giggle And I agree that this is the best livery, it just seems more eye-pleasing than the '90 and '91 liveries...

Eddie: Thanks! Fruit request eh? Seems mangoes aren't in season this time of year, I'll hunt around and see if I have plastic mini mangoes... :lol

G

·
Congrats Gary. You keep buying European cars.
And what's the total count now in your collection? Must be getting close 100. :giggle

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
thanks Chris! :yahoo

I know, Euro cars keep coming at me cheap, it's a conspiracy, conspiracy I tell ya! :help :giggle

Close to 100? Close? I've been over 100 for awhilte now :help :scared

G

·
Congratulations Gary! I thought you only got one Audi. You lied! LoL The 5er looks stunning in black. When will the touring version and the M5 get to your place? :giggle

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all :happy

Chris: control, I gotta control! :help But with all these tempting new AUTOart's out, it's getting hard, very hard :(

TJ: umm... I meant... one Audi ROAD car, ya that's it! :giggle I'm getting the A6 for sure, and maybe the Avant, depending on how much I like the A6 :p

Stevie: I agree, Audi looks great, it's tempting to get the other years' racers too now :help

G

·
Congrats Gary

The Kyosho 5er is one of my favourite models - its so accurate. The Audi looks good too, but as a streetcar collector I wish Minichamps would make that.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Jimster! :happy

Yes, the 5er feels really well built, and the hinges on the doors are very "strong" :giggle

And yes, the Audi roadcar would be nice, seems UT and Minichamps both make the race cars, but no road version :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts