DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
here is one of my last projects completed for a customer. He was looking for a unique Mitsubishi Lancer WRC livery, so he had chosen to ask for the modding of a black plain body into this:

Driven in the 2014 European Hill Climb Championship by the Czech driver Veronika Cichà

The request was a heartbreak for me at first, since it looked like an almost impossible livery to recreate accurately, but searching for and finding the right pictures (with the help of Veronika herself) made all a bit easier.

It has taken months of work for the draft drawing and the following tuning and refining of the decal set, but at the end the project arrived to its final phase, the physical modification of the model. This was non the less one of the hardest parts of the job, since 90% of the model is covered by decals, so all the surfaces needed a carefull job to make the decals fit the body shape. After the first 3 hours of work this was the result:

Further 5 hours later (splitted in 2 sessions) took me to the final result which I show you in the following images:

Hope you like it!!!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Like it? WOW mate...I love it,
. That is seriously impressive.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Impressive!!!
Thank you all for your compliments guys!

@ Stratos: not so much pieces indeed, in total 11. The most complicated was applying the sides (one piece per side) with the needed velocity and precision at the same time to avoid they dry before finishing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts