DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hello guys,
here is another conversion job, still a Fiat 131 Abarth, but on Kyosho base this time.

The subject is from the 1980 season, when Fiat Abarth team joined to the usual Works cars also a MS (tobacco) sponsored car in some races. I will reproduce the one which raced at the Acropolis Rally driven by Attilio Bettega, co-drived by Arnaldo Bernacchini, finishing 8th overall.

The donor model is the Kyosho from Rally Sanremo 1980, the best one to use for a modding project since is actually a plain body car with some logos on its body.

After deleting all the logos here is the model, ready for masking

I was in doubt if making the golden livery with decals or rather painting it... at the end I decided to paint it so the model has been masked in order to recreate to golden livery of the car

Having decided for painting, then the choise was between using a spray can or trying hand painting using the Tamiya Gold Leaf X12. This last is a very good paint and if given without repeating the touches over doesn't leave the the brush signs... so since it gives me the possibility to paint the model in my work room instead of my garden, I decided to make this test. which is quite an innovation for my since will be the 1st time I use hand paint for quite big areas.

In the next days we'll se if it worked well or not

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello guys,
updates about this project, that in the meantime has arrived to its end!!!

So let's go presenting some step by step before the final result. Here is the model after painting the golden livery:

After some refiniments to fix some small paint smears, I started with the decal application:

Starting looking good indeed!!! At this point I was too tired to continue (2.00 AM approximately) so planned to finish the day after.

And at the end here is what came out:

I'm very happy with the final result, hope you like it!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts