DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
it seems I did it again... another street to rally conversion, this time on the nice Mitsubishi Lancer Evo6 made by Ixo in 1/18 scale and white color.

Here is the base model, chosen just because it had the right base color I was needed to complete my conversion, since I had no time to scratch away the paint and repaint again the sister model made by Altaya already in rally spec (same mold BTW), but in red Marlboro colors:

and here is what I wanted to recreate:

There are liveries that as soon as you see them they enter in your heart... it is the case for me of this beautiful Mitsubishi Lancer Evo6 that Andrea Aghini used in some races of the Italian Rally championship back in 2000, including the Sanremo rally.
Even if this Italian Lancer has never achieved great results, it has a livery as simple as it is evocative of the brand and gritty. I have always wanted to make it to add it to my collection and I finally succeeded, even using 2 models to finally make 1.

1/18 scale
Ixo street base + Altaya Marlboro for interiors and details
Decals by me
Rims by Llanta13
Interior repainted and updated with photo-etched fabric seat belts and spare wheel
Photo-etched metal brake discs

First of all, I used 2 models, since also having the red Marlboro model as said before, from which I've taken the interiors, the side mirrors and the roof air intake.

So after dismantling both the models I've started repainting the ugly all black rally interiors in white, adding some details like battery cover in aluminium, cables in black, some nice cloth safety belts with photoetched parts, and a new spare wheel, obtaining the following:

At this point the best part, the decal application, started quickly. Like in all my conversion, the drawing and printing of the decal sheet has been made by me :)

After a couple of hours the model was finished, with also new rims, a couple of antennas and metal brake discs:

As usual, hoping you like it, I'd like to read your opinions.

Cheers to all!

·
Administrator
33,641 Posts
Looks great! Despite being a fan of them, I'm not familiar at all with the real car, but I like it a lot! Nice work!

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Really nice job, and you produce really nice decals to replicate the original.
I have an Advan Black/Red version, it's quite basic but didn't cost much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts