DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hello mates, following my previous upgrading on a Sunstar Lancia Delta 8v (Winner Tour de Corse 1989), here I show you a similar work made on a Sunstar Lancia Delta 16v (Winner Rally Montecarlo 1990), where I made some further improvements on the model.
I'm really satisfied with this model, more than the previous one since I've been able to solve some problems and to obtain a better final results, IMHO.
Following the list of the updates I made:
- Modified the rollbar in the front door area
- Interior repainted in aluminium grey
- Kevlar (self-produced) decal added on front floor and rear seats
- Removed the molded pedals with photo-etched ones
- Replaced plastic belts with cloth and photoetched inserts
- New gear lever
- Created fire extinguishers cables
- Replaced original rims and adapted the new ones to original hubs
- Brakes coolers on front wheels with carbon decal (self-produced) and detailed riveting
- Applied photoetched details on bonnet, trunk, front bumper and fuel cap
- Created a new realistic back license plate - Created metallic antenna
- Lowered suspensions by 2mm.

Still to be done (after the holidays):
- Modify the exhaust pipe with a better one
- Adding the night stage lights

Here is the original model when I got it:

Here is the upgrading material I used:

Safety belts ready to be mounted and painting of cockpit and rims:

Here is the kevlar decals on floor and seat backside:

and here the completed updated interiors, ready for the final rebuild of the model:

And finally here is it at its (almost) final stage:

Some detailed pictures of the photoetched parts:

And finally a very short video to show you the rolling wheels perfectly working!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the compliments!!!

These wheels are resin casted by a friend of mine (Kyosho origin), but I already have a 3D file ready to be 3D printed for the next ones.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nice updates. The Sun Star moulds are generally pretty good, it's just a shame they ruin them with such terrible QC and some cheap interior bits. So the changes you've made to this are very effective at bringing out the potential.

Looking forward to seeing the last couple of changes - are you making the night stage lights from scratch, or borrowing them from another model?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate for compliments... I agree with you about the Sunstar mould, this 8v/16v Lancia Delta is very good for the global shape, and adding such details you can obtain a Kyosho like model.

For what regarding the night stage lights, I'm going to buy a couple of sets, but also thinking to design mine one for 3d printing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts