DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of files for you the files are free under the condition that if theyre casted im given credit for drawing them. feel free to PM me if you want custom designs however i do charge to draw not much i start at 20 for 1 piece wheels 40 for 3 piece.
http://www.thingiverse.com/Esoteric777

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Awesome! I've been thinking of getting a 3-printer especially as the prices are coming down. If I get one ill be I touch!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Very interesting.... Can someone please make a set of these in white for me please? Must be 19" for 1/18 model. (about 30 or 31mm without tires)

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
**moved to more appropriate forum**

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! I've been thinking of getting a 3-printer especially as the prices are coming down. If I get one ill be I touch!
ive been eyeballing them seems like 2,999 is gonna be the cheapest for a model grade resolution printer

·
Registered
98 Posts
bringing this back up because i have recently considered one. have you guys seen this review of 3 low cost printers? the most expensive one is $1200, cheapest i think was $500. From researching the items that it is capable of making, it looks like model parts will be no problem. Wondering if anyone uses a 3d printer to make scale model parts around here.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i have a set of files for you the files are free under the condition that if theyre casted im given credit for drawing them. feel free to PM me if you want custom designs however i do charge to draw not much i start at 20 for 1 piece wheels 40 for 3 piece.
http://www.thingiverse.com/Esoteric777
Holy, what incredible timing for this thread to come up.

I just bought a few wheel models from Turbosquid. (RSIevolution, The Rota P45R was one of those sets.)
But the selection is quite limited in the reasonable price range. I'd love to get some older wheels from the 90s modeled. Like these for example:

And something like these, definitely,

*None of those images are mine*

I've been slacking on getting this done, We're lucky enough to have an Objet 3D printer at the office. The thing is badass. I'm looking to start getting into it a lot more.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
objets are awesome!!!! don't those things print in multiple materials and colors?? that means you can print windshields and replacement parts right?

·
24LeMans 1:18 Collector ('98-on)
97 Posts
bringing this back up because i have recently considered one. have you guys seen this review of 3 low cost printers? the most expensive one is $1200, cheapest i think was $500. From researching the items that it is capable of making, it looks like model parts will be no problem. Wondering if anyone uses a 3d printer to make scale model parts around here.

Wow, cool stuff!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I know this technology from a long time and im very happy that its getting more affordable, to me its like magic and have endless possibilities, specialy for the collectors like us, imagine how cool will be to download our own 1:18 cars and parts, having them custom made with just the configurations we want them!

This is one of the coolest technologies ever!

·
Registered
645 Posts
guys I am also very much interested in 3D printing and custom parts. but here is my question, are these 3D parts strong enough to survive a long life? as we all know some resin parts melted or change shape in years. do you think this may happen with 3D products?
this might be a serious problem especially for wheels since they will carry all the die-cast models weight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
^^i have no idea, it is a very valid question. For me, i plan to make a mold from the ABS plastic 3D printed wheel so i can create resin versions. I am not sure which is stronger, ABS 3d printed wheels or Resin wheels, however i just want the ability to make as many wheels as i want without having to print them each time (especially since i'm not the owner of the printer).

·
Registered
645 Posts
sure you'r right. the cost of 3d printers and material are expensive so to produce wheels each time should be costly.
but if possible can you later compare the ABS and resin made wheels and your experiences with both for us to have more understanding about the strength

thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 37 Posts