DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just start out by saying IT'S TO SCALE! :joy Given my recent issues with so-called 1:18 scale trucks, this one thing makes me want to declare it a "must-have." But let me not mislead you, without a doubt this is a budget model. That's not a bad thing, but coming after their '82 Corvette, I had higher expectations for this model. Paintwork and fit and finish are about what you expect for the class. The most notible fault of the exterior are the headlights, which have noticible attachment stubs. Tires, as usual, are unbranded, and the brake rotors and calipers are molded as a single piece, though they do look realistic enough. The engine is not fully 3D, but it is a deep multi-piece assembly that requires a look at the underbody to see that it's not all there. Access to the interior is through the hatch and front doors only, which not only open on doglegs, but don't open very far, negating what is to me the only advantage of doglegs in the first place. What you can see though is a nice replication of the optional two-tone interior of the Eddie Bauer package, even though the paint is missing in some areas. An unexpected feature is the headliner, something that my twice as expensive Minichamps MB ML doesn't have. Welly also molded in the A-pillar assist handles as well as making the 60/40 middle row from two seperate pieces.

Overall, I think Welly has done a good job and it is a model worth consideration.

Side note: I picked up this model from Menards, and while this is a seasonal thing for them, it's still odd going into a home improvement warehouse and seeing a larger diecast display and selection than my local TRU. :confused

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I have been waiting for this model since May :cheers

:pullhair I want this model! :pullhair

It's not fair, there aren't any Menards in NY! How much are these?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.