DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
This Sport Trac is from Maisto's Premier Line, and is one that I believe actually has some very nice attributes! I just had this one delivered (used) today from an eBay purchase, and once I finish getting rid of the extreme cigarette smell that is surrounding it, it will take its place among my collection. :giggle

First, the highs:

- Everything opens! All four doors!
- Working tailgate with hauling gate (the latter was a nice surprise)
- Marked tires
- Good exterior paint and overall detail
- Good engine detail (considering budget standards)
- Not a sticker for the 3rd brakelight!

Then, the lows:

- Oh, those dreaded mounting stubs (the rear lights are terrible, but the front are not nearly as obvious)
- Pretty sparse interior detail
- Poor paint on surfaces other than exterior

:cheers

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Hey Ric, is that a typo? I have not heard of a 1/10 scale. Did you mean 1/20 scale? :giggle
Since my everyday beater is an '03, I have been wanting Maisto to make it in gold.
I love the ride and since mine is a 5-speed, I have some fun tooling around in it.
My next evryday car will be another one once they re-tool it. The Adrenalin show truck sure got me :hot as it had the Cobra motor in it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice addition! I was thinking about getting one myself, althought the 1/20 scale bugs me!

I have read in other threads about the "cigarette smell" issue and now I see it again here. Now, I'm a heavy smoker myself (and most of my frinds are), so I have conducted an experiment and had my non-smoking friends smell the few diecasts I have had displayed for years in the room I smoke the most in. None of them was able to detect the stench, so I don't understand how is it possible for a diecast to catch the "fragrance" so badly! :confused Was it displayed in a Cigar Club lounge, used as an ashtray or something?! :giggle

:cheers

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Is this actually out of scale? I will try to take some measurements tomorrow too for certain.

As for the cigarette smell, it is always obvious to me if it has been displayed in the open in a room with heavy smoke. Could be that your room has better ventiliation, but I can certainly say that it is very obvious that this one did not. I could tell as soon as I cracked open the box. It tends to permeate the entire thing, and unfortunately, it often never goes completely away.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
This is one of those rare Maistos. The white one is the most beautiful of the 3 colors available. A little detailing on the sidewall marking with white really brings out the beauty of this model. That is if the sidewalls are marked. One of the modellers at a website had detailed his 1:24 Explorer with white Goodyear decals. Completely transformed the truck.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Ric, it is a bit out of scale. It measures about 16' in scale and the 1:1 is a bit longer then 17' (205")

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
A tidbit about your white one. It came as a 3-piece set with a trailer and a 2K Cobra.It was also available with a bike trailer and two bikes.. It was only available at Sam's (a few years ago) and it was $19.95.
The way you can tell is the trailer hitch as it it made to go with that Maisto trailers and it is an add-on.

Attachments

G

·
Its a very nicely done truck , I had a Met Blue version , but it looked silly when displayed with my F150`s , so it had to go .

Congrats Ric , white really looks good on it :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Don't get me wrong, it is not that far off-scale. I would say it is between 1/18.5 to 1/19.
I have a couple of them, just not displayed with the F-150's :giggle

G

·
Maisto did a great job on the truck, however the wheels are wrong. Everything else is great. I have the blue and I love it. When/if you sell you can't put it was a non-smoker vehicle. :giggle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.