DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice Granada model! Also very similar in styling execution to the 1979 Australian Ford Falcon XD, which had a straight 6 or V8 engine - I don't think anything was transferable between the two but the family resemblance is uncannily similar.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Nice Granada model! Also very similar in styling execution to the 1979 Australian Ford Falcon XD, which had a straight 6 or V8 engine - I don't think anything was transferable between the two but the family resemblance is uncannily similar.

From the reference books I have on Australian motorsport when this version of the Falcon was current, it's somewhat larger.
The styling was obviously copied, but references I have say the inline 6 and V8 would not easily with into the Granada of the period.
In the same way that the European Opel Commodore was not the same car as the Australian Holden.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I'm surprised that the Fiat 130 Coupe has yet to be released in 1/18 scale.
Funny you should say that :) : Fiat 130 Coupé 1971 Model car 1:18 Laudoracing

Also available in met silver, met grey and cream. It ships in Oct/Nov (I can’t remember what the update email said.) I need to see a few more pics, but I’d like to add this 130 to my collection. I think they’re very graceful in an understated way.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
The Granada looks like a pretty good MCG release! Much better looking vs their W124's.
Nice additions!
I atually thought the MCG's W124 is fairly good plus they chose the pre-facelifted version which serves as contrast to the Autoart's E320.. if only they would spent bit more effort getting the headlights right...

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
If MCG produce a silver right hand drive Granada, it could be used as the basis for a Sweeney car.
Note that like many cars sent by Ford during this period it has a classic VHK registration plate.
If you watch repeats of the Sweeney (and others) you can always recognise them this way.
Note too that many rally cars of the time also used this Borehamwood plate.

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

21 - 26 of 26 Posts