DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Finally got the GT huh? Very nice addition and a real nice diecast if found at the right price. We need to start a Ford GT thread where everyone who owns a GT can show theirs off. Hopefully more colors will be in store from Autoart...

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'll even say it's overpriced :giggle

I predict prices will fall to around 80K-90K in the next 3-4 years because so many aren't even sold yet and are just rotting in dealer showrooms. The one thing I don't like about the GT, strangely, is the engine they chose to use. Why not have larger displacement engine like the C6Z has so power can be made without the supercharger? They spent a ton on development anyway! Thank God owners can replace the pulley and get more power from the engine. GT's with 600+HP are more and more common everyday.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yea from what I hear it doesn't take too much to get these things around 800+. The style is there for me being it based off of the GT40. I'll give Ford credit for that. But the interior is just nasty. It just screams cheap. I think it's the wheels too. The only ones I have seen have had the optional BBS rims and I think they take away from the look.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I love that car.... (drool)

I am a Nissan Skyline tragic (because they are attainable). The Ford GT is so muscular....but way over anything I would and could ever afford to spend on a car. Plus, I'd always be dreading it would do to me what Jeremy Clarkson's did to him...! :dizzy

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
None of the other GT owners are having problems like he is though. Either he's lying to make fun of America, like he loves to do :giggle , or he's cursed from saying all of those things about America all them years. When it does work, you can tell he loves his GT. It's unlike other cars no matter they're price or they're heritage.

·
Registered
402 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Just to let you know, the motor in the GT isn't really only 550 hp. Ford has always conservatively rated their engines in their Mustangs and now this. It may say 550 in all the books, but ask someone who has had theirs dyno'ed, and they can tell you. Routinely the Dyno on these cars stock, is about 614! I jus watched a video from GranatelliMotorsports.com. You can go there and see it too. Peak hp is 614 @ 6300 RPM. When they changed out the coils, and plugs, it went up to 630. And these numbers were without a pully swap. Do thiat and do a computer re-tune, and you'll get the car well over 700 hp! Not too shabby if you ask me.

And about the prices falling, don't think it will happen. The final cars are being built within the next few weeks, and then the cars are done forever. In all,there will only be about 3,400 built or so, and if you have been watching ebay lately, the prices are now realistic. Around MSRP, if a little below. Once all the ones online get sucked up, the values of these will slowly (and I said slowly) climb, where they will eventually become more collectable.

I've driven the one my dealership has twice, and I can tell you that this car is one of the most amazing autos I have ever been in (and I was around Pocono Racetrack in a Murcielago driven by Valentino Balboni. He had it up to 170!) That was an event, and the speed was amazing, but the Merc feels very heavy compared to the GT. I can buy the cheap interior thing. But you have to realize, the car is a driver's car. No ESP, or stability systems, no cruise, no power seats. Only a L.S. diff, and ABS. Plus, the fact that a BIG 3 auto maker actually decided to build this car is an amazement itself. If you know of anyone who has one, and you haven't yet gone for a ride, do yourself a favor, and do this! You will be amazed at the power, especially if whoever drives it, doesn't mind flogging it alittle.

Sorry for the long post, but I really LOVE this car. I just wish I could win the lottery, and get myself a Heritage "Gulf Oil" colored car. :cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Me too. It's the first thing I would buy :happy The last U.S. GT is to be built on August 30th, right? In Heritage? A great choice to end in that color :nicejob The engine puts out plenty of power, but a 427 would have been really nice.

How is the steering feel? I've heard such different opinions and sadly I'll never get to drive one myself, unless I win the lotto :giggle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.