DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
2004 Ford GT vs Ford GT Concept

I saw a few days ago in a topic (I don't remember which), that some of you, like to see 2 models compare between them...

AUTOart Ford GT vs. BS Ford GT concept

So, I don't think this one's been done.....

Review added to Comparison Reviews Database 31-OCT-2005

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great comparison! I never relized before seeing them side by side, that there were so many subtile differences between the two.

Thanks for the pics!

:cheers

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
:tongue

Jeff! Thanks for the side-by-side! I love these cars and I always wondered how the BS stacked up to the AUTOart. Apparently both are very good diecasts.

I think you've :tempted me to hunt the AUTOart's down now. I might have to chase the Beanstalks too :giggle

:cheers

Mark

G

·
I knew the BS version was good , but never realised just how good .

I really dont know if its worth buying the AUTOart now :confused

·
Registered
290 Posts
I really enjoy when car companies do this- this being making a "concept" car that is so close to the production version that very little has to be changed. Cars like this Ford GT, the Audi TT and the BMW Z4 Coupe show that automakers can still make mouth-watering concepts and gracefully transfer them to production.

G

·
Great comparo pics Jeff. :cheers
The BS looks good on the outside but the interior is just horrible; although the AUTOart engine is not one of their better efforts. I'll still stick with AUTOart; I'd rather have the production version rather than a concept.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
AUTOart's production model is obviously "better" in quality of modeling, but BS's concept is very well done as well. What falls short is like many others in the budget category, the crispness of the plastic parts. Good comperison!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Nice to see that the BS model is VERY well made, compared to the much higher priced AUTOart.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:iagree Very nice photo comparison! :cheers The Beanstalk is a great value-for-money diecast for sure, but nothing, as mattdesign said, the crispness of the whole model. Everything is precise and modeled as it should be. I'm very happy I bought the Autoart as there is nothing like owning the true production model. It was well worth the $58 I paid for it :nicejob

I also have a question: Did you GT come with any certificate? Some sites list it as being limited to 6,000 pieces worldwide so it should have something to state this right? :confused

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
90 Posts
great pics Cuda Jeff! Like others have already mentioned, Beanstalk got the concept GT right on the money. I've also got the AUTOart on the way, can't wait :happy

Julza

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
There is one thing that I really like on the BS version: the rear suspension with all working arms. I think that for a "budget" model, BS put a lot of attention to details.

BTW.....thanks for your kind comments... :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's the same "Bugatti" issue.

Limited, but we don't know for sure how many were made.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Autoart replied:

Hi Justin,
Ford GT is NOT Limited Edition.
Sometimes the other websites are not telling truth. They know something but not all.
Please visit www.AUTOart-collection.com regularly to see details on our new releases and current models.
Best regards,

Gateway Global Ltd

Atleast we know the truth! :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Argh!!!! I don't think Dennis (Maxxximus) will still like me if he sees those replies :giggle

:hot Sorry Dennis.....that was not my intention to stop people from buying the AUTOart version! :hot

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
G

·
Its great to see these budget companies pumping out models that can even be compared to premium models.

That says a lot about the direction they are heading in, and thats just limited to Beanstalk(Hot Wheels). It also says a lot about the direction premium companies are heading in.

Thanks for the comparison pics :cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts