DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this car today.
Its a beautiful car BUT, there are quite a few problems that i think i need to address.

Firstly, its wayyyy tooo light for a car in this price range, it just feels like alot of plastics were used in its construction. What's up AUTOart??? cutting cost???

2ndly, QC in the AUTOart factories have pretty much got thrown out the window, i went thru 3 cars at the shop just to pick mine out.

1st car (Which i eventually bought) had some adhesive residue on the front hood, nothing a bit of cleaning can't remove. But since there were 2 other cars, i took a look at them too, in order to compare them.

2nd car, initially looked great, no glue residue anyway, but put it against the light and i can see bubbling on BOTH the plastic covers for the front lights. It's pretty severe.

3rd car, NO paint residue, NO bubbling on the lights. BUT!!! the fitment of the rear engine cover was totally off, all the cars i've seen do not have a perfect fit on the rear engine cover, but this one was totally way off, looked like another airvent behind the side vents.

I took the 1st can in the end cos all it had was some sticky residue which a little bit of cleaning with a towel easily removed. This car will probably be my last car for 2005, just can't seem to muster up so much ca$h for a model anyway, ever since the price increases. I've been relegated to watching them go by again... oh well... saves me my hard earned $$$.

Anyway, enough ranting, here are the PICTURES!!!! (alot of pictures)
FORD GT in red / white.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
nice model and AMAZING photography! :cheers

And yes, the new AUTOart's are WAAAAAY too light... the R32, the CGT, and FGT are like plastic models now :(

QC from AUTOart? I highly doubt it... there is none :(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Very nice shots MB!
Congrats for your new addition :cheers

I was also disappointed when holding this model.
It is very light indeed, and the feeling of the materials is cheap and even close to 85$MSRP model.

Eventually I will get it cuz I want a Ford GT, but I'll try to find it for a better price, probably not for 55$ which is what it's worth (old AUTOart Mill. price).

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I'm with Airborn on this one....still is a great model........

It's still expensive but I think you have the same "price VS quality" comparison, as the BBR Enzo.

I mean the BBR is awesome but does it worth the nearly $300 CDN they're asking for?....No! But it's still a must have!

Is this AUTOart Millennium worth the nearly $100 CDN they're asking for?...Again no! But you have to get it!

But hey.....it's just my opinion...and I stick with it! :wink

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
It's really too bad Autoart has such a bad quality control issue. With prices reaching near $100 you would think they could have a little respect for the people who spend their money on the models. Even Maisto it seems pays more attention as to what leaves the factory!

I must have been lucky with my GT as it really is near perfect except for the few finger prints that were easily cleaned off when I received it. In fact it is my best model in terms of finish(paint panel gaps). It really is a nice model if you can find it at a decent price.

Very nice photos, they really show the many unique lines of the car :cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'd be rather hard-pressed to pay $80 + shipping for this, although I haven't seen the model. However, FYI, gomotorsports.com (BTW, one of our sponsors) seems to have been putting one up for auction every night for the past 2 weeks. Closing prices seem to be in the range of $55- $63 +$7 shipping if your interested. :cheers

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Oh, the rear engine cover doesn't stay up as well...

I bought this car because of the subject matter... but after i went thru the new releases at the store, there was really nothing much else form AUTOart's new release which i will willingly pay so much for. The only exception is the BMW 3.0 CSi.

After that one... probably nothing else. Kyosho and Minichamps will be getting more of my business instead. Especially Kyosho. their recent BMW cars are pretty amazing and at a price point lower then AAs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts